Combining 2 mappings
    Tech Convert

Default Combining 2 mappings

Hi there,

I am coming back to mixing. I used to work with VCI100 and now I have full digital set up and occassional mixer, however I would like to use a combinations of mapping.

I have a touch OSC mapping from Hexler, which I love and I would love to join it with some controller - primarily I need faders and I usually work 3+1 or 4 decs. I would love to use one of of VCI or just some controller for faders like Akai APC or anything similar. I travel a lot I need to keep it light and easy. (Would it be possible to actually join 2 mappings together, like past copy situation?)

Also I am not a tech savvy. I am professional artist, so technologically I need to keep it simple and effective.

Thank in advance. I know it might sound noob, but yep. I would be happy to read some advises. I have to mix for a show and I would not like to do it completely virtual.

Thanks.

Desh

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Hi there,

I am coming back to mixing. I used to work with VCI100 and now I have full digital set up and occassional mixer, however I would like to use a combinations of mapping.

I have a touch OSC mapping from Hexler, which I love and I would love to join it with some controller - primarily I need faders and I usually work 3+1 or 4 decs. I would love to use one of of VCI or just some controller for faders like Akai APC or anything similar. I travel a lot I need to keep it light and easy. (Would it be possible to actually join 2 mappings together, like past copy situation?)

Also I am not a tech savvy. I am professional artist, so technologically I need to keep it simple and effective.

Thank in advance. I know it might sound noob, but yep. I would be happy to read some advises. I have to mix for a show and I would not like to do it completely virtual.

Thanks.

Desh
    Hi Desh,

There are two options out there:

CMDR for Windows PC
    Xtreme Mappings for macOS

Tech Convert

Hi Stewe,
    thanks. Do these lovely softs works only for Traktor or also for another softs. I am reluctant spending too much on propriatary softs as I might need to leave Mac world and go to PC due to video and film work.
    Thanks a lot!!!
    Desh

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hi Desh,

There are two options out there:

CMDR for Windows PC
    Xtreme Mappings for macOS

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Hi Stewe,
    thanks. Do these lovely softs works only for Traktor or also for another softs. I am reluctant spending too much on propriatary softs as I might need to leave Mac world and go to PC due to video and film work.
    Thanks a lot!!!
    Desh
    These are Traktor only. Other than VDJ most of these are providing very basic mapping interface and therefor such editors are not really required.

If you are into Ableton you should also look at Remotify and Control Surface Studio. Pretty awesome tools!