Rekordbox 6.X.X Performance Woes (6.0.3)

Question Rekordbox 6.X.X Performance Woes (6.0.3)

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to allow Rekordbox to make better use of available CPU cores? It seems that despite being set to Performance mode it has still taken me nearly 4 weeks to analyse my tracks! (1 every 30 - 40 seconds). Upon further investigation, Rekordbox only appears to be using 4 logical CPU threads out of a maximum of 24 available in my system? It seems that Rekordbox has been built with only quad core / dual core HT CPU's in mind.

Capture.jpg

If this is a limitation of the software, is there a quicker way these tracks can be analysed? For example, 3rd party software? Are there any plans to get this taking full advantage of more modern CPU's?

I have tried analysing my tracks on an Intel i7 with similar results.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Metrafaze View Post
    Hey everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to allow Rekordbox to make better use of available CPU cores? It seems that despite being set to Performance mode it has still taken me nearly 4 weeks to analyse my tracks! (1 every 30 - 40 seconds). Upon further investigation, Rekordbox only appears to be using 4 logical CPU threads out of a maximum of 24 available in my system? It seems that Rekordbox has been built with only quad core / dual core HT CPU's in mind.

Capture.jpg

If this is a limitation of the software, is there a quicker way these tracks can be analysed? For example, 3rd party software? Are there any plans to get this taking full advantage of more modern CPU's?

I have tried analysing my tracks on an Intel i7 with similar results.

Thanks,
    I went ahead and ran a test on two different machines today (1 a laptop with 9750H, 32gb of ram,1050TI and 500gb Samsung 960 Evo and the other a desktop with 5820K, 32GB of ram, 2080 rtx, and a 500gb Samsung 960 Evo). Both machines are analyzing wavs at about 1 every 3-5 seconds and mp3s at about 1 every 2-4 seconds. Both running Rekordbox 6.0.3

I checked resource monitor and all 12 threads are being utilized on each machine. I can't be too sure why your machine isn't utilizing all available threads during analysis.

Now there is a known bug with 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 where the lyric feature can cause things to slightly hang while track loading and analyzing. This can be circumvented by disconnecting from the internet prior to analysis.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6