Denon Prime 4 advice

Default Denon Prime 4 advice

Aloha all.
    This is my first post here.

I recently messed up my rig (DJM-600, MEP-700) while partying a bit too hard on NYE!!!!
    So it's time for something a bit more modern plus time to dump the CD's!

After looking at all available gear I settled on a Prime 4. It seems to do everything I need, or more than, plus no computer, which was a huge reason for the choice. (Not a fan of them when DJing)

I want to install an SSD and wondered if anyone has any advice on a particular brand, etc?
    Also looking for a case. Do not travel far and more for protection while its sitting in my home.
    Suggestions please.
    many thanks.

Check out this guide https://primesound.org/best-dj-contr...for-beginners/
    I have Pioneer DDJ-400, it's pretty solid and has all the features I need.

Quote Originally Posted by mauidj View Post
    Aloha all.
    This is my first post here.

I recently messed up my rig (DJM-600, MEP-700) while partying a bit too hard on NYE!!!!
    So it's time for something a bit more modern plus time to dump the CD's!

After looking at all available gear I settled on a Prime 4. It seems to do everything I need, or more than, plus no computer, which was a huge reason for the choice. (Not a fan of them when DJing)

I want to install an SSD and wondered if anyone has any advice on a particular brand, etc?
    Also looking for a case. Do not travel far and more for protection while its sitting in my home.
    Suggestions please.
    many thanks.
    Intel 545S is hands down the best SSD on the market right now. The second being any Samsung EVO.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

@rewindselectah Thanks mate! Thats a good read and good advice for a newcomer to the sport. I've been at this for over 50 years and still learning!!!!! The DDJ-400 is sweet for sure but I wanted something with a bit more power! So the Prime 4 will be here tomorrow

@the_bastet Mahalo! I was looking at those but wanted a 1TB drive so went with the EVO. One internal and one external.

Cant wait to get to play with this beast. I'm sure there will be questions for you guys and gals.
    Stay safe and well.
    Aloha 🤙