Mk1 S4 and High Sierra
    Tech Wizard

Default Mk1 S4 and High Sierra

So I made the dumb mistake of buying a Mk1 S4 and I have a OS High Sierra 10.13.6 which they are not compatible. So I need advice. Should I...

- try to roll back . I found a video on how to do that but I would have to reinstall Ableton and all my other programs etc.

- or just buy a laptop that has regular Sierra and go from there

- or just get a cheap windows laptop. Which windows OS is best for the Mk1 ?

also WHAT IS WITH THIS WEBSITE.? Every-time I have to login I have to login three time before posting. I just keeps redirecting me to the same logging but also says thank you. Its messed up.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Your best bet is rolling back, it just takes a few hours. Alternatively you can also go the bootcamp route and install Windows on that mac along 10.3 to use with your S4.

If you are considering buying another laptop just to run it you might as well get a MK2 at that point.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Your best bet is rolling back, it just takes a few hours. Alternatively you can also go the bootcamp route and install Windows on that mac along 10.3 to use with your S4.

If you are considering buying another laptop just to run it you might as well get a MK2 at that point.
    Hello

Thanks for the info,can you give me any information on the S4 Mk1 and if its compatible with Windows 10? All I read is how its not compatible with alot of things. I tried to roll back and its not letting me but that is something I am still working on. I am thinking of just getting a cheap PC laptop for now. I couldn't be more displeased with this product. Where does NI have a list of older products and what Os there compatible with ?

Dusty

Get rid of the S4 MK1 you will never get it to work right. It is going to be more trouble than it is worth. Get the S4 mk2 at the very least.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyv View Post
    Get rid of the S4 MK1 you will never get it to work right. It is going to be more trouble than it is worth. Get the S4 mk2 at the very least.

Thanks I appreciate the information. Man this is really disappointing. Your even telling me this is for PC OS as well?

Tech Wizard

Can you Link me to what MAC OS and PC OS works with the Mk2 ?

ALSO: what his with this forum website? I mean its really messed up. I literally I have to login in like 4 or 5 times. Sometimes . I will Login and it will say thank you or whatever it says when you successfully login then it takes me back to the login page. Its so messed up.

MK2 works with everything and is class compliant so willl keep working, it also works with IOS right now. Sell the MK1 it's not worth the trouble.

I've been signed in for years, might be something on your end?
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Quote Originally Posted by ermac4482 View Post
    . I will Login and it will say thank you or whatever it says when you successfully login then it takes me back to the login page. Its so messed up.
    Same. From what I noticed, privacy and ad blockers are the cause. You can go around it if you enable automatic login and let your browser remember the username and password. But yes, anoying
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

I actually rolled back to Sierra and it works fine. The biggest problem was trying to get my computer to roll back.

I really recommend you sell the S4, you *will* need to update your computer someday, and that someday this will screw you over. I had the same problem with my beloved DN-X1600, it's just not worth the trouble.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI