Looking at a Pioneer DJM 700, has a slight issue - fixable?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Looking at a Pioneer DJM 700, has a slight issue - fixable?

Hi all,

I came across this mixer for sale in the local ads for really cheap - less than a hundred quid. The seller says that everything is working but there's an issue with the master out where the sound comes and goes intermittently.

This says to me that there may be a solder joint somewhere that's knackered so it may be an easy fix for a half decent mixer.

Could this be the issue? Has anyone else experienced this with their DJM 700, if so what did you do to fix it?

Any help appreciated guys!

Sel.

Is it just the master output? Id inquire about the booth and record outputs as well. If it's just the master output, that's a steal most likely just an easy fix (replacing the XLR connector).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Booth and record out work fine, it's just the master out that has the issue.

I'll pick it up then, nice one mate.

Tech Convert

I Picked this up and gave it a test using the MasterOut2 output and sure enough there's no sound, I've not checked with XLR's yet as I'm waiting for cables.

Master level indicator shows signal passing through.

I've had a quick look at the service manual for this and it shows just before the masterout2 out there's a box with an 'x' in it and MUTE above it. Can anyone tell me what this is for?

Cheers
    Last edited by Sel The Don; 07-06-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Move the attenuator that's next to the rca outputs from -6 position. Also try wiggling it, maybe the contact problem is there.

Tech Convert

Hello mate,

I tried that and it didn't work, I also get no sound from the XLR outputs either.

Looking at the service manual there's a few fuses on the output circuit so I'll open it up over the next few days and check connections/switches/fuses and trace my way back to the DAC.

The mixer cost me 60 quid so I don't mind spending a bit more buying parts that I need.
    Last edited by Sel The Don; 07-08-2020 at 02:07 AM.

Tech Convert

Ok,

Had a look at this over the weekend and it's fixed!

Fuse P311 (315mA) wasn't giving continuity, swapped it over with a good fuse and now I'm getting music from the master outputs. I played music through the mixer all day yesterday to make sure everything is ok and no issues so far. Sorted!

Gonna treat myself to a set of Chromacaps now

lovely! for 60 quid that was really a steal
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Convert

Thanks gents,

Yeah, I got lucky and got a bargain on it. It could have gone the other way and become a money-pit though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast