$17.00 everything-included DIY controller kit

Default $17.00 everything-included DIY controller kit

Want to experiment with building your own controller?

Good news, I'm working on a $17.00 kit that includes everything you need to build your own controller:

• 16 Potentiometers with knobs
    • 16 Push Buttons
    • 16 LED's with mount
    • Arduino Pro Micro
    • PCB to connect everything

Don't already have a soldering iron? No problem for a couple extra bucks I'll ship some solder and a soldering iron too.

Don't have any programming skills? No worries if you just want to connect the things listed above you don't need to write any code.

Here is a little preview pic of the board that comes with the kit, it still looks a bit janky since it's still a quick test design:

This all comes pre-assembled, no worries.

The kit is easy enough to use for a complete beginner, you can just wire everything up and it'll pretty much work. But if you, later on, want to do some custom stuff like adding a display or some encoders that is possible as well.

Naturally, for $17.00 I'm not making a profit on this, the first 30 people will get it for the price it will cost me to produce the kit, after that we'll see.

If you want one, leave a comment

Last edited by DJDoubleYou; 08-01-2020 at 06:01 AM.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

You trying to put Livid Brain out to pasture? :-p I def want one.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Haha wow I knew of the Brain but not the Brain Jr but this is super similar to the Brain Jr. Instead of making a big one I'll probably just make the option to chain them together/add modules.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Haha wow I knew of the Brain but not the Brain Jr but this is super similar to the Brain Jr. Instead of making a big one I'll probably just make the option to chain them together/add modules.
    Nice. Ill be using yours in conjunction with a little touch screen, a nuc, and a vst host.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I just got the first batch of PCB's in, testing them RN.

What part of the process would you like to have been handled the most? There are a lot of options, I could throw connectors on the board so people don't have to solder to the board themselves, I could design a small protective case around it so mounting would be easier etc. All suggestions are welcome!

Got the final revision in today, fixing a few small errors but we'll probably be shipping the kits next week. If someone want's to get in early send me a DM or an email at will at loopground.com.