Mapping Novation Twitch to RekordboxDJ

Default Mapping Novation Twitch to RekordboxDJ

Hi, has anyone attempted mapping the Novation Twitch controller to Rekordbox DJ (Ver 5.8.5) ? I have got a point where most of the functions work, except for the HEADPHONES CUE (Deck A + B) and the TOUCHSTRIP not allowing a DROP or SEARCH within the track. I would like to implement the touchstrip function to mimic a jog wheel when used for beat matching as well as the option of a quick drop in the track without it reverting back to the first beat position. It would also be helpful if someone could point me in the rught direction with regards to the Pitch knob (encoder/potentiometer) as this does not seem to be an incremental function....it just switches from 1 to 127 and nothing in between.

Thanks in advance

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Some features are locked for and are only available for supported controllers so you need to bypass that. This article focuses mainly on the jogs but it's not the only feature behind that wall.

Default Mapping Novation Twitch to RekordboxDJ

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Some features are locked for and are only available for supported controllers so you need to bypass that. This article focuses mainly on the jogs but it's not the only feature behind that wall.

Thanks for the reply. I have managed to get most functions working today, except for the jogwheel. As the Novation Twitch uses a touchstrip instead of an actual jogwheel, it may be a bit tricky getting to mimic the actions. I will however continue trying and once achieved I will post some info and mapping details. For now I can use the rig to perform live, the combination of RekordboxDJ with a Novation Twitch, Pioneer DDJ - XP1 and a Pioneer RMX-1000

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

That's great to hear

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by AnilJ View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have managed to get most functions working today, except for the jogwheel. As the Novation Twitch uses a touchstrip instead of an actual jogwheel, it may be a bit tricky getting to mimic the actions. I will however continue trying and once achieved I will post some info and mapping details. For now I can use the rig to perform live, the combination of RekordboxDJ with a Novation Twitch, Pioneer DDJ - XP1 and a Pioneer RMX-1000
    How did you get on with your mapping, and please could you share it? There don't seem to be any Rekordbox mappings for Twitch anywhere!