Denon DNX-1100 vs A&H Xone 42

Default Denon DNX-1100 vs A&H Xone 42

Hey guys!

I'm looking for a good 4 channels mixer : good sound, reliable, nice layout, vu-meters per channel.
    I don't care about effects as traktor already have plenty.

At first I was looking at the vestax VMC 004, but the no fx model only has 4 line inputs, and I need 6 (4 for traktor + 2 cd players). Plus the vu-meters are too short (only 6 leds)

So right now I really like the denon DNX-1100, but it's hard to find reviews. What I like is that the layout is like the one of a pioneer mixer, and most often when you mix in a club you find a pioneer mixer, so it's good to be used to that layout.

Anyone used this mixer before?

I also like the xone 42, but the only thing that scares me is the lack of space between the EQ knobs... Could someone tell me exactly how much space there is?

(no retailer has these mixer in my city, so i can't test them...)

Can't wait to have your opinion !

Tech Mentor

I bought the Xone 42 3 weeks ago and I love it! Don't worry about the space. It's big enough unless you have veery big hands.

I was looking for a mixer with 4 channels with no fx but filte ergo: Xone 42!

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Could you mesure exactly how much space there is between the EQ knobs? thanks!

Tech Mentor

about 1,2cm

Tech Mentor

Im also thinking about dn-x1100. Anyone have any first hand experience with that mixer?