Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Stop playing mainstream cuts.
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21 View Post
    come on bro...stop with the Britney Spears jams...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes

You're better off uploading to mixcloud. No copyright strikes and no takedowns.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Stop playing mainstream cuts.
    he's right though. If you're getting copyright strikes on youtube or other places - see if you can figure out WHAT you are getting strikes for. Don't play that person's music anymore.

Simple enough.

You'll only be dinged on stuff if it's mainstream or owned by one of the BIG record labels (sony released a lot of older stuff, for example). If you keep getting hits against you - dig deeper.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    he's right though. If you're getting copyright strikes on youtube or other places - see if you can figure out WHAT you are getting strikes for. Don't play that person's music anymore.

Simple enough.

You'll only be dinged on stuff if it's mainstream or owned by one of the BIG record labels (sony released a lot of older stuff, for example). If you keep getting hits against you - dig deeper.
    I had to figure out that on Facebook. It's strange what gets dinged and what doesn't. I thought I was safe with "Rockstone" by Breeder. Nope.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes

Yeah it's not just mainstream stuff that gets dinged - sometimes I've been floored at random cuts that I thought were underground getting muted. Streaming on Twitch is better than fb or yt because it doesn't actually mute you while you're playing but it does mute the parts of the video recording if people look at it later. Mixcloud doesn't censor it at all but they also don't save the recorded video. What I've found with twitch is it takes a few minutes before the video is muted so you can actually download it before it gets muted if you're quick.

This is the first I've heard of youtube having a 3 strikes youre out policy tho? I have definitely been dinged more than that over the years and they've never done anything more aggressive than muting the video.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Yeah, it's not about "mainstream", it's any music on a label that is big enough to be distributed by companies that guard these things.

You're really sawing your leg off if you want to put most of musical history off limits from your mixes to appease the youtube robot overlords.

Stick with mixcloud. Screw videos, since nobody wants to host them. You don't want to make shitty mixes just to hold on to that sweet video archive. Us DJs are all pretty awkward anyways. Maybe you can mute the video yourself, then upload it to youtube, with the instructions that to hear the sound people need to play the mixcloud audio recording at the same time.