USB device firmware update failure - Reloop Contour Interface Edition
    Tech Convert

Default USB device firmware update failure - Reloop Contour Interface Edition

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry if I write in wrong section of the forum.

I've recently purchased a used DJ controller, Reloop Contour Interface Edition. Guy who sold me this unit tried to update firmware to v13 but during installation computer unexpectedly shut down and failed to complete update. Operating system (Win10) is now recognizing the device, I can see it in the device manager, and the driver is installed without any problems. DJ software (Traktor 2) is seeing the MIDI controller I/O and all sound outputs (Reloop ASIO driver) is working fine but all buttons are not responding at all. I tried to update firmware again, but unsuccessful, because software provided for updating firmware does not see the device at all. I followed instructions but somehow the CUE (press and hold then power up device) button do not respond. Buttons 1,2,3,4 and A,B,C,D as well as knob buttons Dry/Wet, Fx. Param. 1,2,3 light up but the rest of the controller does not put out LED lights on any button, nor the button respond. Since the product is discontinued I cannot find any similar problem on the Internet so I'm writing to you in hope that you might have some guide which can lead me to a problem solution.

I wish to thank you in advance for your time.

Thanks,

Hexov

hi hexov, unfortunately stopping the firmware upgrade mid process usually corrupts the EPROM chip where the firmware is stored. Newer hardware like the Denon stuff recently has a different type of firmware chips so the upgrade can be redone in most cases but this older stuff is very sensitive.

Most likely, you will need the help of authorized Reloop service center where they will physically replace the EPROM chip. Considering the price of the whole controller, probably not worth it
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Convert

Thanks for info. I tried many things during last month, but nothing... well I guess I will keep it for spare parts... Once again thank you!