Midi Fighter Twister Script for Ableton (selected track)
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Default Midi Fighter Twister Script for Ableton (selected track)

Hi everyone,

I just uploaded the new Twister script for Live 10 and 11. Check it out:

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/11783

If you have any questions, let me know!

Hey this looks great but unfortunately I'm having a problem. The knob position LED indicators are not being updated by Ableton. When I physically move a knob, the device values in the software and the knob LED indicators are updated properly, but if I change the value in software the knob LED doesn't update to reflect the change. Also when I navigate to different tracks or devices via software or the MIDI Fighter Twister and then return to my original device or track, the knob indicators are all reset to their initial values and don't reflect the values that were set previously.

I get the same behavior in the current version of Ableton Live Suite 11 (11.0.12) and the most recent beta (11.1b11). I have an 2019 Intel iMac running macOS Monterey 12.1. The remote script is installed and the settings in Ableton match the screenshots from the documentation (including the Remote checkbox on the in & out MIDI ports on css_twister_selected_track_live_11). I confirmed the LED indicators update properly without using the script and mapping the devices manually in Ableton.

Do you have any suggestions? Thank you!

Got it working! I ended up buying Remotify Control Surface Studio and used it to generate the remote script using the CSS files included in the v0.1.1 download in your link. The newly generated version of the remote script works.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Glad to hear you were able to resolve it.