To Denon or not to Denon
    Tech Student

Default To Denon or not to Denon

Hey folks.

I have been a devoted Pioneer fan since around 2000 having usually always owned the flagship CDJs and DJM mixers. To be fair, I have never had any issues with the Pioneer units and have always been able to sell them to upgrade to the newest releases. I current have 3 x CDJ 2000 NXS2 and a DJM 900 NXS2.

I have been pondering over the Denons for around 6 months now, especially after seeing the CDJ3000s when released. Don’t get me wrong, the CDJs appear to be another quality unit, and have everything I would want from a DJ Player, but I have to be honest and say that the price is a real put off. I thought that the 2000 NXS2 were expensive when released, but to be fair I got them on release day and they have only gone up in price since.

So, the SC6000s, do you think its worth the move, not just from a price perspective but of course the overall function set etc. I can’t help but love the Denons but have never played on them to be fair. I suppose the NXS line-up with I currently own is perfectly capable still but I have always been a big believer of upgrading asap to ensure I have the latest tools to hand and I often think its the cheapest time to upgrade if my current equipment is in great condition. I have always been able to upgrade the fulll line-up for a relatively small cost, but this time it doesn’t seem that is going to be possible with Pioneer.

If I was going to to Pioneer again it would be 2 x 3000s and a V10 mixer. Approx £7200

Denon it would be 3 x SC6000 and possibly keep the DJM 900 NXS. Approx £3700

And that brings another tricky question, the Denon 1850 mixer. I'm really not sure on this one, ideally, I would like a fully integrated system, but the DJM 900 seems to be the better mixer in all honestly, but I hate the thought that full functionally would not be available with not having the 1850 mixer.

Of course, I the money of my current set-up to put towards my next choices, but still, the Pioneer seems crazy money given the small amount of additional functionally. There is also the thought to wait until the next generation of Denons to see what they bring next. I feel it is only going to get better for Denon, especially with the addition of Rick Parkinson last year. I do feel the mixer is currently the weak link, but this may all change.

One thing I must say is that I never take my gear out of my home studio and my current equipment is in near perfect condition. I don’t play out as much as I used to do so the studio to club transition doesn’t matter so much these days.

What are your thoughts on this one please.

Thank you very much.

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by mikefearn83 View Post
    Hey folks.

I have been a devoted Pioneer fan since around 2000 having usually always owned the flagship CDJs and DJM mixers. To be fair, I have never had any issues with the Pioneer units and have always been able to sell them to upgrade to the newest releases. I current have 3 x CDJ 2000 NXS2 and a DJM 900 NXS2.

I have been pondering over the Denons for around 6 months now, especially after seeing the CDJ3000s when released. DonÂ’t get me wrong, the CDJs appear to be another quality unit, and have everything I would want from a DJ Player, but I have to be honest and say that the price is a real put off. I thought that the 2000 NXS2 were expensive when released, but to be fair I got them on release day and they have only gone up in price since.

So, the SC6000s, do you think its worth the move, not just from a price perspective but of course the overall function set etc. I canÂ’t help but love the Denons but have never played on them to be fair. I suppose the NXS line-up with I currently own is perfectly capable still but I have always been a big believer of upgrading asap to ensure I have the latest tools to hand and I often think its the cheapest time to upgrade if my current equipment is in great condition. I have always been able to upgrade the fulll line-up for a relatively small cost, but this time it doesnÂ’t seem that is going to be possible with Pioneer.

If I was going to to Pioneer again it would be 2 x 3000s and a V10 mixer. Approx £7200

Denon it would be 3 x SC6000 and possibly keep the DJM 900 NXS. Approx £3700

And that brings another tricky question, the Denon 1850 mixer. I'm really not sure on this one, ideally, I would like a fully integrated system, but the DJM 900 seems to be the better mixer in all honestly, but I hate the thought that full functionally would not be available with not having the 1850 mixer.

Of course, I the money of my current set-up to put towards my next choices, but still, the Pioneer seems crazy money given the small amount of additional functionally. There is also the thought to wait until the next generation of Denons to see what they bring next. I feel it is only going to get better for Denon, especially with the addition of Rick Parkinson last year. I do feel the mixer is currently the weak link, but this may all change.

One thing I must say is that I never take my gear out of my home studio and my current equipment is in near perfect condition. I donÂ’t play out as much as I used to do so the studio to club transition doesnÂ’t matter so much these days.

What are your thoughts on this one please.

Thank you very much.
    IÂ’d go with two SC6000s paired with two LC6000s.

Hard to say on the mixer. The X1850 is actually really nice, and a bargain. IÂ’ve owned the 900NXS2 before and they arenÂ’t all that different.

But to be brutally honest, what youÂ’ve got already is still a great setup

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    IÂ’d go with two SC6000s paired with two LC6000s.

Hard to say on the mixer. The X1850 is actually really nice, and a bargain. IÂ’ve owned the 900NXS2 before and they arenÂ’t all that different.

But to be brutally honest, what youÂ’ve got already is still a great setup
    Also worth to mention that Engine 2.0 that was relased yesterday really brought some new features (Ableton Link and standalone lightning control) so I do believe that tips the scales quite a lot.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Denon is fine if you're the only one who plays on your equipment and you need something cheap.

I wouldn't personally buy it myself - but I am not knocking people who want to try an off-brand. It's cheaper for a reason.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    who want to try an off-brand. It's cheaper for a reason.
    haha dude...I think you mistook this for a pioneer forum with a bunch of noobies. go peddle that shaite there.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2