Over-mapping a CDJ in HID mode. Is it possible?
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default Over-mapping a CDJ in HID mode. Is it possible?

Hey gang, a fairly simple question that I can't get an answer to.

Those of you with these specific CDJ models - CDJ 2000 nexus, CDJ 900 nexus. Is it possible to over-map some of the buttons on the default mapping in HID mode?

I see that Endo has some CDJ 2000 (and nexus) mappings for sale that are HID but I don't know if he has over-mapped the default mapping or created a new mapping.

I'm thinking of getting some CDJs and I'd like to map some of the functions I have become reliant on that I have mapped on my X1. It's fairly simple stuff that I want to do so it would be good if I could just add/override the default settings.

TIA

Karlos.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ok, let's try another one.

I know you can connect 2 CDJs to a laptop via just one USB cable if both CDJs are Pro Linked together but does this also work if using the CDJs as HID players (not using the soundcards in them) with Traktor?

Or do you always have to connect each CDJ to the laptop to use them as HID players with Traktor?
    I'll probably just connect them to my Z2 but in cases when I don't use a Z2 it would be great to just use one USB port on my Mac for the CDJs and the other for a mixer.

Does the Pro DJ Link functionality have any baring on Traktor or is it purely for Rekordbox use ?

Karlos.