Your MP3 Player? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xolunt View Post
    I bought a 40 gig IRIVER some 5 years ago, it was the first to come out that You could store and view photos. I didint even require a computer for photo transfer just directly connect the camera to the Iriver. It to was just a matter of dumping files in it, in whatever way you saw fit. I dropped it a bunch of times and it still worked, that was one tough MP3, Just a year ago i bought an ipod touch, so i gave the iriver to a friend, still going.....
    if it was a h340, i had one too..
    now i'm on a cowon iaudio7 for some years.. amazing sound and something like 60hours of battery
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

it was the H340, they double as a weapon if needs be! so chunky!

Tech Wizard

@everyone
    didnt expect more than like, one reply, rotfl.

@DvlsAdvct
    240gb? ah, you mean taking apart you're old ipod, and sticking in a new hdd..?

@everyone
    i have a friend who has an archos 5 and an archos 7. you can look it up yourself, but i was intrigued by it due to its massive hard drive availability. up to 500gb! i feel as if the sound quality is even worse than an ipod, though. ): ): ):

Tech Wizard

I had an iriver H320 for years until I fried it using a generic car charger. So I went out and got a second hand H340 off ebay. $15 or so for a new battery and 2 years later still going well. I put the rockbox o/s on it, makes it much better. line in recording up to 320 or wav, gain controls specific to dj mixes, and not limited to 200mb per file recording like the standard o/s.
    but I just got an iphone for work, and can't beat the convenience of all in one device, though not liking itunes at all

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    @DvlsAdvct
    240gb? ah, you mean taking apart you're old ipod, and sticking in a new hdd..?
    I think they sell iPod classics at 240, or they were about to when I was shopping. Didn't think doing a hdd swap but I doubt that would work.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

ipods and itunes, not for me...

i'm using one of these:

over 80 hours battery life from a single AA battery, no drivers or software needed, computer sees the player as memory card. in real use i would say it is over 80 hours for sure. I'll forget to turn it off sometimes and it will play overnight and i still only have to replace the batteries once or twice a month tops. can't seem to figure out how to display album artwork yet

also use my phones mp3 player (nokia n95 previously, E90 now) cause its always around.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Wizard

i got an iphone 3g with 16gb and I'm glad xD

Tech Wizard

@DvlsAdvct

Apple never sold ipod classics above 160gb. currently, the highest capacity model they are advertising is the ipod classic 160gb. and yes, with the ipod classic model, you can open it up and replace the hdd with a larger-newer one, if you desire. alot of people do that. im not too found of ipods though, as they have terrible audio quality. and bby, im an audiophile <3

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    @DvlsAdvct

Apple never sold ipod classics above 160gb. currently, the highest capacity model they are advertising is the ipod classic 160gb. and yes, with the ipod classic model, you can open it up and replace the hdd with a larger-newer one, if you desire. alot of people do that. im not too found of ipods though, as they have terrible audio quality. and bby, im an audiophile <3
    That's fair. I always thought they had, but whatevs. Maybe I'll look up a guide on replacing the hdd.

I've never really had an issue with the iPod itself, more the headphones I've used. And when I'm sitting on the train I just want music, I'm not as concerned with the sound quality. When I'm at a club or in my apartment, that's a different story.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast