Muffin - An alternative firmware for the Midi Fighter Twister

Smile Muffin - An alternative firmware for the Midi Fighter Twister

deleted
    Last edited by blaxzen; 04-16-2022 at 03:01 PM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Sounds exiting

Quote Originally Posted by blaxzen View Post
    Hi,

I am currently working on an open source alternative firmware for the Midi Fighter Twister (MFT). I have created a github repository that is available here. You can track my progress there, but I will post updates here as well.

I decided to take this on as a personal project for my own experimentation, with the intention of writing the entire source code from scratch.

At present I have basic functionality working - LEDs, encoders, USB midi, storage of user settings. But I intend to add more features as I go. I have a few ideas for extra features that I would like to explore (such as assignable LFOs), but I am open to suggestions from other users.

At this point I estimate it will take me about 3-6 months to have something usable by other people, including some sort of desktop application for user configuration via USB.

I'm looking forward to any questions, comments and suggestions.
    Interesting! I'm just your average "synthesizer addict" so I may not have many suggestions, but I did recently pick up a Twister and your project sounds exciting.

You mentioned assignable LFOs and it made me think of a device that I have kept an eye on for my hardware synths, the Low Frequency Expander module. He's really packed that thing full of features almost to the point where it overwhelms me. It's also difficult for some to justify his price.

Good luck and have fun! I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread for sure.

I'm on an M1 Mac (Monterey) and wondering if this might be an answer to the installation wall I've hit. Thank you for doing this! If you're building a MacOS version, please let me know where I can donate. All the Best!