MFT ableton problem. after mapping to Glitch VST parameters MFT stops responding

Default MFT ableton problem. after mapping to Glitch VST parameters MFT stops responding

Hi

I got a MFT to map to a bunch of fx for DJing in Ableton 10, I'm using an APC40 MkII as my main controller and the MFT to control fx, or at least that was the plan. I surfaced the Mix parameter from Glitch 2 VST inside Ableton and mapped one of my MFT encoders to it but as soon as I turn the encoder with the mapping set, all the LEDs on the MFT turn red and it stops responding until I re-plug it. I've mapped a bunch of other ableton plugin parameters without issue so far, can anyone offer a little help with this please?

**UPDATE**

After some playing around, it seems that mapping anything in ableton to the encoder set to 15 was causing my MFT to bomb out as soon as ableton sent midi data to that encoder. Changing it to 16 has resolved the issue, since I'm only using a single bank.

Anyone have any thoughts about this as it seems like a strange thing which shouldn't happen.....

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey I believe that we resolved tis via the support ticket. The issue was sending message on Channel 8 (which is Sequencer channel).

Otherwise, let me know if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey I believe that we resolved tis via the support ticket. The issue was sending message on Channel 8 (which is Sequencer channel).

Otherwise, let me know if you need help!
    Unlikely, since I've never sent a support ticket! But that's also some useful information, thank you

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amphetamine View Post
    Unlikely, since I've never sent a support ticket! But that's also some useful information, thank you
    Alright, that's cool. If you have other questions, let me know!