DDJ-SR Cue and Play/Pause buttons not working

Default DDJ-SR Cue and Play/Pause buttons not working

I bought a DDJ-SR off craigslist recently, and three of the buttons don't work: the left side play button, and the right side play and cue buttons. They light up, but they don't do anything. All of the other buttons work fine.

I'm using the most recent version of Serato Pro and have upgraded my firmware. I've also restored the default mappings. I've heard it can be an issue with the cord or the power supply from the USB port, but I've tried three cords and multiple ports (both USB 2.0 and 3.0) on my computer with no luck.

Am I totally hosed, or is there any chance this is fixable? Curious if others have had similar problems.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I would check with MIDI monitor apps and see if those buttons send MIDI at all. If not then it is a hardware problem.

Also check using a different USB port or a completely different computer.

Yeah, I tried using a midi monitor and a number of different cords and ports - the buttons seem to just be dead. I'm wondering if it'd be worth it to try and open it up and see if the buttons have oxidized; if so, maybe I could fix it with deoxit or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by brlka View Post
    Yeah, I tried using a midi monitor and a number of different cords and ports - the buttons seem to just be dead. I'm wondering if it'd be worth it to try and open it up and see if the buttons have oxidized; if so, maybe I could fix it with deoxit or something similar?
    microswitches need to be replaced, a relatively minor repair with most of the labor cost down to how much disassembly is required.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2