Midi twister mouse emulation - how to customise?

Default Midi twister mouse emulation - how to customise?

Hi, I just purchased a midi fighter twister with the intention of using it to emulate a mouse.

I've enable mouse emulation (drag) but can't see a way to tell it to just do the X axis (it's currently dragging left/down when the encoder is turned left and right/up when the encoder is turned right).

Also, is there a way to tell the encoder to move to move the mouse cursor to a specific location before draggin?

I think its designed to act as "mouse over parameter" control. Means you have to use your mouse to place the cursor over a parameter, turning the knob initiates a mouse click and movement at same time. I think the diagonal movement is intentional, Live for example has horizontal and vertical faders this diagonal movement works for both, while a horizontal only movement wouldn't work for a vertical fader.
    More important to me would be an option to adjust the sensitivity for the mouse controls inside the mf-utility.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jtb View Post
    Also, is there a way to tell the encoder to move to move the mouse cursor to a specific location before draggin?
    Not by the Utility, check out Bome Midi translator - I use it for mouse emulation (position + click)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NielsON View Post
    I think its designed to act as "mouse over parameter" control. Means you have to use your mouse to place the cursor over a parameter, turning the knob initiates a mouse click and movement at same time. I think the diagonal movement is intentional, Live for example has horizontal and vertical faders this diagonal movement works for both, while a horizontal only movement wouldn't work for a vertical fader.
    More important to me would be an option to adjust the sensitivity for the mouse controls inside the mf-utility.
    That is correct! The diagonal movement should allow for controlling both faders and crossfaders.
    Best setting for this is the velocity sensitivity (which is inspired by mouse wheel acceleration settings)