Beginner buying his first digital DJ setup. Is this a good setup?
    Tech Student

Default Beginner buying his first digital DJ setup. Is this a good setup?

Hello!
    Im a beginner and want to buy DJ equipment to learn and in time start playing out in the clubs with. I currently have a Macbook Pro laptop which i will run Traktor on.
    My choice is between the Traktor S2 or Traktor X1 and Traktor Z1.
    The biggest concern i have is the ability and flexibility to take the Traktor S2 to the clubs and hook it up or reconnect it to the current setup. Even if the Traktor S2 is not really big in size. I heard it easier to buy the modular kit consisting of Traktor X1 and Traktor Z1 mixer and just unplug your Traktor Z1 or Traktor Audio 2 so the next DJ can connect his soundcard fast. Also the benefits of this modular setup is that its easier to plugin to the clubs current setup than the Traktor S2 all in one controller. Im not really sure atm.. advice please.
    What would you for in terms of a beginner who want to learn at home and later on play out in the clus?

I would definetly go for the S2 without a doubt.
    Where did you get the idea its harder to set up than a X1 and Z1? How do you picture this setting up? Here i found a fews more DJ mixers which seem very good to me.
    I think you should check.
    Last edited by Aldrepowl; 08-29-2022 at 12:27 AM.