Midi Fighter Twister encoder specs

Default Midi Fighter Twister encoder specs

Hello. A friend and I were interested in doing some DIY projects with the Midi Fighter Twister, but the only information we can find about the Twister encoders is that they are made by Alps Alpine. Does anyone know any useful information about the specific part or have a data sheet available? Thank you.

Its an alps EC11 I think, but I'm not sure on the exact model.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxzen View Post
    Its an alps EC11 I think, but I'm not sure on the exact model.
    thank you! Visually, it does match up with the EC11.
    Worth noting that the Twister, when turning at a normal speed, gives off 96 "ticks" of MIDI output, which, if my research is right, could maybe, possibly match up with a 24PPR encoder (24 pulses-per-revolution, 4 counts-per-pulse)? The EC11 doesn't have 24PPR variants, but the EC12 does.
    Take all this with a grain of salt; I don't really know what I'm talking about but figured it might be worth putting here incase anyone else runs across this thread in the future. I've been looking through the MF Twister source code on Github for more info on the encoder resolution, I'll update if I find anything interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by offchristianamr View Post
    Hello. A friend and I were interested in doing some DIY projects with the Midi Fighter Twister
    Do you care to share any info about what type of DIY projects you have in mind? I keep hoping someone will put together a new firmware that has support for 14-bit MIDI or perhaps even OSC. It would be nice to lift the current restriction to 7-bit MIDI.