Dj HD Partition

View Poll Results: Do you run another Instance of your Operating system for just your Dj Software to run

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 35.71%
  • No

9 64.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dj HD Partition

Default Dj HD Partition

Like the question states, do you Run your software on a completely separate partition from the rest of your system?

Reason im asking is just too see if its really worth setting it up. For me i can handle the technical end, so im just looking at price/ usability

My reasons for doin it are
    -More laptop space (I will only put the OS/Dj Partition and my music)
    -Peace of mind (knowing that i can operate aka Fuck around, with my regular partition and not have to worry about my software crashing)
    -- And from a technical end, Less Software less drivers less hassles...

Is it worth picking up another harddrive?
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

would u be running 2 different OS's? If you aren't, then i dont think it would matter. I setup a bare bones user account just for traktor, and then i have another for everything else.
    I find that i really dont use my traktor account that often, but i guess it will be more important when i start playing out.

Well the thing is, i want the entire system to be stable (cause i fuck around with my everday system)

Hence why load this on a completely separate Harddrive and keep it all basic. I think i might run XP just because i have a key for it. Im not sure if i would be allowed to have to instances of vista on the same laptop. Can any one clean that up?
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

i use my computer for nothing but music. kinda sucks not having the internet tho. i feel like im living in a cave at home
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

My laptop is for Music (traktor) & Video (Motion Dive Tokyo/Vegas) only. I dont know alot of dj's that have to use their laptop for various things. So it makes sense for them to have a dual boot.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I have a vista install i use for games and stuff, then i have an xp partition i use specifically for mixing/production. I like to be 100% sure that any of my everyday activities wont hinder with my music programs performance and the best way to do that is with another partition.

No dual booting here!

I have a laptop for mixing, i use it for mixing only, no other crap.

My PC is an all in one.

Gaming, Music Production, DJ-ing.

This was already the case with my older XP install, and I don't see why I should do my Vista install any different.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I don't because I know what a computer does. When I load up traktor, I make sure there are no unneeded processes running like wireless, antivirus, msn etc. That way, it will run JUST as stable as an entirely dedicated partition with nothing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by barf View Post
    I don't because I know what a computer does. When I load up traktor, I make sure there are no unneeded processes running like wireless, antivirus, msn etc. That way, it will run JUST as stable as an entirely dedicated partition with nothing on it.
    +1
    Thats a good move even more so if you dont know exactly how they work... and if you do know how they work... then you will still use partitioning hehehe. Its the safest way !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast