Windows 7-home edition 54 bit-mumark driver

Default Windows 7-home edition 54 bit-mumark driver

I just purchased the numark stealth control and I have an issue with the driver installation timing out and giving me an error on my windows 7 laptop 64 bit. I have run the install as a admin -same result. I right clicked the exe file and diagnosed the compatability issue trying to install it for previous windows versions-same result ultimatly it tells me the driver exe is a incompatable program. does anyone have any ideas how to get the driver to load and recognise the controller? thanks in advance for any assistance. cheers and happy holidays!
    Traktor Pro,
    Maya 44 USB Sound Card
    Numark Stealth Controller

You've got yourself quite a situation there, SHB.

Without getting too technical, 64-bit OSs run things differently than 32-bit OSs. It's more than increased processor bandwidth. Due to this, there CAN be problems with 32-bit applications running in 64-bit OSs. So much in fact, that Microsoft's mass introduction of xp 64-bit and Vista 64-bit brought about the downfall of MS's image (and proportionally the rise of Apple's) due non-important items like printers, scanners, video cards, and sound cards simultaneously stop working while every manufacturer rushed to write 64bit drivers as people threw their deskjets into the trash in between nasty emails. I wish there was more I can say, other than:

a. Find 64bit W7 drivers for your Stealth Controller
    -or-
    b. Use a 32bit OS. Make sure to back up all your stuff on a seperate drive. You CANNOT switch from 64 to 32 bit (or vice versa, for that matter) without formatting. Just sayin'

I would submit your problem to Numark tech support. They could be working on a W7 64bit driver as we speak. Just trying to be optimistic.
    MIDI/Effects : Korg KP3 + MIDI-Fighter + SF4 Fight Stick
    Mixer: Behringer DXJ-700
    Card : Stanton ScratchAMP
    Software : Traktor Pro

Default Thanks

Thanks much for taking the time to reply. Enjoy the Holiday!
    Traktor Pro,
    Maya 44 USB Sound Card
    Numark Stealth Controller

Thanks. You too!
    No problem. I've been a Tech for 13 years. So it's going to be hard to get that out of my blood.
    MIDI/Effects : Korg KP3 + MIDI-Fighter + SF4 Fight Stick
    Mixer: Behringer DXJ-700
    Card : Stanton ScratchAMP
    Software : Traktor Pro

befor u gona trash your os .. just try the win 7 compatibili mode .. worked for me for some drivers... that befor wont instal anithing ..