xone 2 midi mappings

Default xone 2 midi mappings

Hi Guys.,

ive recently bought a new macbook pro with M2 chip. i didnt want to time machine backup as wanted to start fresh.

on the old set up i had Traktor 3 with a xone k2 contoller and -v06.tsi file which i downloaded from Dj techtools (awesome map, thanks)

i cannot seem to get it to work on the new mac though. i have updated software of the k2 and know its being read as i can see it with my sound card and can see midi signal when i move a knob. just cannot get the map to load though. been trying the add button and the import section. am i missing something here? surely a tsi file would still be compatible?

also the links to re download from here are all down now.

Tech Wizard

New Mac's are not supported by the K2.
    MAC in general make equipment obsolete with their updates. I'll stay on Pc so I don't need to Buy new equip .
    SO Mac bricks equipment. Keep that in mind.
    Example 1 : Xone DB2 will not work on mac now You only get one channel audio coming out.
    Example 2 : MK1 X1 are dead on Mac now. Friend was throwing them out. I took them and I use them for people starting out to Dj with Pc. Still work fine.

ive got it working now. they are supported but its abit of dicking around. you need to update the driver of the k2 for the new chip. but this can only be done on an older mac.(luckily i still have my old one) found a very helpful video for it.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drusif View Post
    ive got it working now. they are supported but its abit of dicking around. you need to update the driver of the k2 for the new chip. but this can only be done on an older mac.(luckily i still have my old one) found a very helpful video for it.
    It should also be possible to use a Windows PC to update the driver. If you still need help with mappings, let us know.

Where's the video? I suppose there's little chance this would work on the DB4....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

You have to change the channel of one of your K2's in the K2 setup. You enter the setup by (re-)connecting the K2 while holding down one of the K2's bottom encoders (there is a symbol on the surface indicating which one it is). Check the K2 manual how to enter the channel mode and how to adjust it.