Traktor Scratch soundcard restrictions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Scratch soundcard restrictions

Hi guys,

I've been searching the forums for this but didn't find a good answer: I've got TSP and the Auido8 but would like to switch to a Xone2d. Will the scratch functionality still work if the Audio8 is hooked up but not in use (aka is it used just as an USB dongle that needs to be present or does it need to be the active sound card in TSP)? Hope someone has tried scratch with another sound card before...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The Audio8 needs to be used to read the timecode signal. I don't think the Xone2D is scratch certified, and if it isn't then you need to use the Audio8 to run Scratch, not as a dongle, but as the active soundcard then routed into the Xone2D
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

DvlsAdvct is exactly right.

Tech Guru

that is so lame though, that the audio 2 isn't cert'd the audio in quality is very likely to be high enough (since its the same hardware as 4d) and all it would take is some minor coding.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The Audio 2 hasnt got any Inputs so it cant read timecode.
    The Xone 2d isnt certified because it isnt considered a full Mixer and Soundcard unlike the Xone 4D and also because i think A&H only applied for Certification for the 4D.
    Anyone can apply for Certification. Obviously NI can only allow so many premium quality Mixers for certification because they want to sell Audio 8s and 4s.

[messenger]

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    DvlsAdvct is exactly right.
    YAY!

I savor these moments cause they happen so rarely.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

The audio 8 isn't a dongle, it doesn't even do anything special, all it does is have phono preamps built into it so timecode coming from a turntable is amplified to line level so tsp can understand it.

Even if you're doing timecode, you still don't need it if you have a phono preamp to hook in inbetween the tt and your audio interface, or if your tts can output at line level, like the stanton str8 series. However, that's a big IF, especially if you're using techs like the rest of the world. Separate phono preamps are just one more thing in the long chain of devices involved with timecode that could fail.

If you're wondering, I know all this because I got TSP working fine with 2x stanton str8-100s and a presonus firebox...

Thanks DvlsAdvct, I guess you were right

I don't mind the 2D not being certified, it would've just been a nice touch if the Audio8 satisfied TSP so I could select whatever input I want

Anyway, TSP allows for more than one install per license, I'm currently going a lot more MIDI than before and will just put it on a spare machine. For EDM, scratching isn't essential anyways, I just do it out of personal curiiousity

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by n2hf1st View Post
    The audio 8 isn't a dongle, it doesn't even do anything special, all it does is have phono preamps built into it so timecode coming from a turntable is amplified to line level so tsp can understand it.

Even if you're doing timecode, you still don't need it if you have a phono preamp to hook in inbetween the tt and your audio interface, or if your tts can output at line level, like the stanton str8 series. However, that's a big IF, especially if you're using techs like the rest of the world. Separate phono preamps are just one more thing in the long chain of devices involved with timecode that could fail.

If you're wondering, I know all this because I got TSP working fine with 2x stanton str8-100s and a presonus firebox...
    That is because you are using an illegally cracked copy of Traktor Scratch Pro 1.1.2. Am I right?
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 12-24-2009 at 03:45 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    That is because you are using an illegally cracked copy of Traktor Scratch Pro 1.1.2. Am I right?
    ihih i think you're right ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast