Adding "flavor" and "rhythm" to cue point chords

Default Adding "flavor" and "rhythm" to cue point chords

After waiting the long weeks for the MIDI Fighter to be released and promptly ordering one as soon as they went on sale (which I'm sure I'm not the only one ), I can no longer stand it and want to experiment with the cue point chords techniques on a device that uses arcade buttons by default: my SF4 Arcade controller. Clearly the wait has gone to my head. I understand how to get Traktor to recognize the controller as MIDI (via USB to MIDI software). But brings up a few questions that I'm hoping you all out in controller world can help me with.

In Ean's video demonstrating the pants creaming versatility of cue points chords and arcade buttons, he has the cue points setup via the bottom row of arcade buttons. The next row he has is set up as a gater pattern (I assume) that he defines as "the rhythm". He has 4 different "rhythms". Question 1: How the hell do I setup traktor MIDI to store sequence of gater knob magic on a single button?

NEXT

How do I map the joystick to change effects and add "flavor"? Is it even possible with a 4 switch analog joystick or are the sticks he using digital ones?

I'm pretty sure that Ean will give the .tsi once the MIDI Fighters are actually billed and shipped out (wink wink nudge nudge), but my patience is at its end, so I turn to you all.

While we're at it, how does one use a button to change effects AND set them to specific perameters (i.e. MF's 3rd row of buttons aka. "effects")?

I'm sure these questions could be answered by a simple tips thread that I probably missed and couldn't find, if so... forgive me, masters.
    MIDI/Effects : Korg KP3 + MIDI-Fighter + SF4 Fight Stick
    Mixer: Behringer DXJ-700
    Card : Stanton ScratchAMP
    Software : Traktor Pro

Bumping for epic "I NEED IT"

you need to put multiple assigments to one button.

for example: set effect, effect on, effect amount
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

"Effect Amount" is also the "Direct" command. You select "Direct" and then give the value.

The sticks I'm not sure on. I know on my MIDI Fighter the sticks move one command up and down and the other command is left and right.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Thanks DvlsAdvct and Weltraumpapst. I managed to figure out the problem.

I didn't know that you COULD map multiple assignments to a single button. When I've mapped things to my KP3 in traktor, I noticed the using the same button for multiple things caused them all to become highlighted. Being a MIDI noob, I assumed that meant that there was a button assignment conflict and promptly reassinged the different elements to different buttons. Earlier today when fooling around with this, I had an epiphany. Could it be that having all the elements mapped under the same button become highlighted in the MIDI mapping window NOT be Traktor telling me that there was conflict? Could it be that they had forseen my need and made it easier by making all assignments turn yellow for visual GROUPING? Yes... Yes they had.

So after a coupel of hours of tinkering, I had my SF4 Arcade controller to experiment with cue point chord magic.

As for the joystick, (I don't know why this didn't dawn on me being that I've used joysticks for YEARS) the joystick layout uses 4 switches for the different directions. each switch is a button. Map it for a Parameter Value "INC" or "DEC", set to repeat, and VOILA!

Traktor's MIDI mapping is pretty intuitive. I'm impressed.

Anyhow.. Thanks for the help
    Last edited by Req; 12-24-2009 at 09:43 PM.