traktor warp mode coming soon?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default traktor warp mode coming soon?

http://www.macmusic.org/news/view.php/lang/en/id/8816/

Zplane, a industry leading provider of audio SDKs and smart tools for music applications announced today the upcoming release of v3 of [aufTAKT]

[aufTAKT] is able to identify the tempo and musical beat locations in an audio file and can be found as integral part of numerous category defining applications in the DJ and music production field.

The new version offers:

• Automatic downbeat detection
    • Automatic detection of time signature
    • Additional "forced straight tempo" mode for electronic music
    • Improved tempo detection stability
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

I don't think Traktor uses this
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Traktor does use Zplane Elastique Pro. Whether they will license this new algorithm is speculation.
    Personally it makes sense to use the same company and employ this. We all know its been said that a warp like feature is on the road map for traktor when and what is anyones guess.

K

how exactly would a warp feature change traktor?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    how exactly would a warp feature change traktor?
    You'd be able to have a grid on tracks with multiple bpm, and in theory also bpm fluctuations like non electronic music or intentional bpm rise/slow down.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Depends on the technology they adopt but it would basically mean that tracks that have a fluctuating BPM will sync with tracks that have a constant bpm or fluctuating bpm.

Currently Traktor calculates the average bpm of a track so that when a track fluctuates it cannot sync to another track without manual manipulation (like when pitching vinyl by hand.

The inherent problem with this is if you "warp" a track like Ableton does you can suck out the natural life of a track and it can sound very mechanical.
    I think its better to warp just the bits you want to mix with such as the intro and outro and let the rest of the track flow naturally.

Im sure it will happen but my guess is that this is months and months and months away .
    This is not gonna be shoe-horned into the software. This will be a major update.

K

Tech Wizard

It ll be perfect to have the warp feature implemented into traktor. It ll be a very powerful tool when implemented, whether you use it or not still.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Im sure it will happen but my guess is that this is months and months and months away .
    This is not gonna be shoe-horned into the software. This will be a major update.
    Agreed, don't expect this to happen till Traktor Pro 2, when you'll have to pay for it.
    Last edited by pepehouse; 12-24-2009 at 01:47 PM.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I think its better to warp just the bits you want to mix with such as the intro and outro and let the rest of the track flow naturally.
    +1
    I'm sure this feature will be implemented in the next year, but its definitely not a gamebreaker for me. Its not that hard to put in a few extra grids on problem tracks, even though it is a pain in the ass end .
    Merry Xmas lads i'm of to lunch then get extremely drunk.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

it would only be a deal breaker for me if i played a genre that required a feature like that... the stuff i like to play doesnt really require it. if i have a tricky song i usually warp it in ableton and output it to use in traktor. only takes a minute at most.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast