Mixvibes Cross
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixvibes Cross

Default Mixvibes Cross

So yea, the demo is online since yesterday, I thought I'd give it a go because for me it was the only real competitor to blow traktor out of the water.

http://www.mixvibes.com/site/pageeng...php?x=mv7cross

It failed! Everything looks smooth, a bit dark, but OK. Everything is there you need to DJ digitally; some nice routing options etc. Then after using it for a while, I was about to take a look at the effects section - which simply isn't there.

What is the point of doing digital dj'ing when using a program that doesn't support effects, only has 3 cue points and doesn't do beatgridding whatsoever?

Nice try, still missing the essentials traktor is offering tho!

For those still wanting to try to demo: http://www.brothersoft.com/mixvibes-cross-167001.html

Yeah every single time I try another program I end up coming back to traktor.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Wizard

Quote - "What is the point of doing digital dj'ing when using a program that doesn't support effects, only has 3 cue points and doesn't do beatgridding whatsoever?"

The point is they are starting a new program from scratch and are taking it one step at a time. The first step is a better media management system. Designing a system that takes into account full iTunes integration, multiple tag edit, artwork browsing, etc.

Look here for the full details: http://www.mixvibes.com/site/pageeng...php?x=mv7cross

Quote Originally Posted by barf View Post
    So yea, the demo is online since yesterday, I thought I'd give it a go because for me it was the only real competitor to blow traktor out of the water.

http://www.mixvibes.com/site/pageeng...php?x=mv7cross

It failed! Everything looks smooth, a bit dark, but OK. Everything is there you need to DJ digitally; some nice routing options etc. Then after using it for a while, I was about to take a look at the effects section - which simply isn't there.

What is the point of doing digital dj'ing when using a program that doesn't support effects, only has 3 cue points and doesn't do beatgridding whatsoever?

Nice try, still missing the essentials traktor is offering tho!
    I don't get it, how can they look at software like Traktor, notice all the functionalities of it and then go and make a competing product without them, the competition does, the should too.

Exactly my point.
    @Fresh, being mixvibes and doing programs for over 10 years, one would expect them to make something more mature no?

Mature programs from scratch is quite a bold statement barf.

By the way, considering Traktor's fx, I wouldn't mind having no fx at all. These just plain suck.
    Same as the fx of the DJM-800 by Pioneer, everyone can easily pick out it's flange etc etc.

Thanks for sharing the review though! Might check it out shortly, just for educational purposes.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

My point is Mixvibes isn't doing anything from scratch at all. They've been in the business for quite a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    Yeah every single time I try another program I end up coming back to traktor.
    Me too !
    Traktor was the first i have used, that said i have been more than happy to dump it a few times to give competitors a serious go and every time i come back to Traktor.

Off the top of my head i know i have tried Mixvibes, Deckadance, MixMeister, Ableton, MsPinky, Traktor and Mixxx - there are probably others too.
    Its not even if i ask alot from these programs either, i always forget about the effects completely personally, mainly because no dj program has good fx. You really think this would not be much to ask but every piece of software just doesn't come close to Traktor in terms of sheer deck manipulation.

I haven't tried Serato... but after Eans VCI-300 article i don't think i want to either :\ that said id give it a go because ill give anything a go...

Next on the list of things to try is Virtual Dj, which i just downloaded the trial for the other day

@barf:
    You can always drop code and start new.

Than it still needs to mature, even though they, the people behind MixVibes, are in the business for quite a while.

But that is a different point now. Gonna try the app this weekend.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

A really old thread, but did not want to start a new one.

Does anyone here use mixvibes dvs? i want to try time code and this is the cheapest option but looks pretty good with all the new updates. I already have tpro but don't want to drop £300 on tpro scratch just to see if i like digital vinyl over controllers.

Opinions?

Opinions?
    Last edited by zimfella; 04-19-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast