Can it be done?

Thread: Can it be done?

Default Can it be done?

Just recently got decent controller's to start digital mixing with ableton live 7

My setup is small, but it does the job (for now)

Ableton launch pad
    Korg Controller
    Dell Inspiron

I have a friend who is running a cd-j setup.

Seeing as I'm not as "tech-savvy" as majority of the people on DJTT, I'm going to seek some guidance.

Would two people (one running a controllerism setup and one running a cd-j setup) be able to run them dual, as in two playing at the same time fading in and out of each other's mix's?

Would you need to run the ableton setup into the mixer of the cd-j setup?
    Or run a seperate mixer?

Any advice would be great

Quote Originally Posted by cornelius View Post
    Would two people (one running a controllerism setup and one running a cd-j setup) be able to run them dual, as in two playing at the same time fading in and out of each other's mix's?
    Of course. Just plug yourself into one of the channels of the mixer mate. If the CDJ has for example channels 3&4 on the mixer, plug yourself into channel 1 (assumming you are mixing internally that is) The XF on the mixer would be set to 3&4 for the cdjs, just make sure they finish on deck b and flick the XF to 1&4 and you are set.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah I thought that would be the case, I just needed some advice.
    Thanks mate, been a huge help.

No worries. My brother and i use a setup like this. can be a pain having to flick over sometimes but it works fine. I usually use his mixer for eq'ing as i like the feel of the pots better.
    Last edited by Jester; 12-26-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

yeah true, but I feel it add's more enjoyment out of playing music, keeps you on your toes so to speak.