Itunes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itunes

Default Itunes

Hey guys quick question, is it acceptable to use itunes to dj on a club system? is it that noticeable that it's lower quality? I haven't started dj-ing yet so is this something i can get away with during my first few gigs, if the sound quality is an issue that is...

Thanks

Tony T

why would you "play" iTunes?
    If you're at a djing a gig, shouldn't you be djing with a proper program or equipment?
    MIDI/Effects : Korg KP3 + MIDI-Fighter + SF4 Fight Stick
    Mixer: Behringer DXJ-700
    Card : Stanton ScratchAMP
    Software : Traktor Pro

sorry i meant playing songs that i downloaded from itunes. I have a macbook pro, ableton, controllers, etc

aaahh...
    so it's a matter of quality of song. Well that's different.

Um, I don't think it would make too much difference.
    but I dont' play in club gigs, so I don't really know.

I wouldn't imagine that all these major club hitters do their stuff in 320kbps all the time. It wouldn't be good for space.
    MIDI/Effects : Korg KP3 + MIDI-Fighter + SF4 Fight Stick
    Mixer: Behringer DXJ-700
    Card : Stanton ScratchAMP
    Software : Traktor Pro

Tech Mentor

iTunes uses AAC 256kbps, for compressing their songs, its as equal if not better than an MP3 at 320 kbps. I use them all the time and no issues.
    Thank Ya!!!

haha c'mon is the quality really that bad? i've heard 128k tracks before and you can really hear the degredation. On my monitors and ipod it doesn't sound bad at all, i have and account with beatport too where i get wma, but if that's the case i may just start getting the 320k track from beatport (less expensive, saves space), main reason i started getting tracks from itunes is because they were cheap and sounded good. lots of good tracks only to be found on itunes too i find.

Tony T

whoops that reply looks random, there was a post on here before that i guess got deleted that i was replying to : P

Tony T

Play a 128kb track on a 10K system and tell me it sounds good 320s or wavs all the way lads.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I my self dont use .wav files for club use, I have paid for .wav files from beatport when I was going to sample a song or use in in a mix CD, I myself use 320 for general use, that said I know of people that will use nothing less than .wav files. I have loads of I tunes tracks, but I tend to buy more mainstream stuff for my listening pleasure from I tunes, not really stuff I would spin in a club.

Thanks a lot everybody for your input. yeah i just noticed itunes is encoded in 256k aac, which i feel i should be able to get away with for now haha, I live in saskatchewan and there's not much of a scene here anyways, would like to move to toronto or montreal in the near future though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast