Itunes 8

Thread: Itunes 8

Default Itunes 8

Anyone try it yet . The Genius feature is awesome it's only been a day and it's helped find some tracks in my collection I forgot about or just never realised I had . I just think it's an awesome tool .

Can you turn the Genius function off? Otherwise I ain't installing it.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Tech Mentor

Yeah its an option, when you first install it, it wont be active. Then you decide if you want it. Personally, its a 50/50 for me I dont like the store recommendation part of it since its recommending me, to buy music. The other half, where it creates playlists from your music, is awesome.
    Thank Ya!!!

yeah basically you highlight a song and it will give you songs that match and you can decide if you make a permanent play list or not .

Quote Originally Posted by luv2xra View Post
    Yeah its an option, when you first install it, it wont be active. Then you decide if you want it. Personally, its a 50/50 for me I dont like the store recommendation part of it since its recommending me, to buy music. The other half, where it creates playlists from your music, is awesome.
    It really is awesome . Honestly when I first heard about it I was just like damn that sounds like some stupid ass shit . Now after playing with it all day I frickin love it except for those silly adverts .

I only use iTunes to download podcasts and monitor my own; I won't let it near my music collection (it isn't on my music computer or gigging laptop), so I'm glad to hear you aren't forced to use Genius. I already have to uninstall a ridiculous amount of crap iTunes installs without asking you. Bonjour, iPhone plugins for Outlook, resident Quicktime, resident iTunes monitor -- not a non-install option in the bunch. It doesn't even tell you they're there. You have to use msconfig and Add/Remove Programs to get rid of it.

I'd bet money Genius reports your listening, associational, and buying habits back to Apple.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

lol @ My iTunes Genius is a Moron - http://www.tuaw.com/2008/09/09/my-it...us-is-a-moron/