vci / ak1 issue plz help

Default vci / ak1 issue plz help

Hi there,

Am new to DJTT, so first off hello all & great site / comunity u lot got here

I have owned a vci 100 & traktor for about a year now & its great fun, but I have to mix with no headphones which can be easy at home with low volumes but monitoring at high volumes is very difficult, am playing a set on saturday & would really like to take my vci instead of a big bag o records...

I am wondering how to set up traktor/vci/ak1 so that I can listen 1 deck (plate)before i mix it in as you would with a a mixer & decks.

Have had a look in the manuals & played around with the settings in traktor but to no joy! Maybe I missed something?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance

There already are a lot os threads on this matter. But I'll give you a hand anyway

You need to set up the soundcard corectly. Go to Preferences -> Audio Setup and choose the Audio Kontrol 1 as Soundcard.

Next you need to do the output routing:

Preferences -> Audio Setup -> Output Routing:

Monitor: Left (mono): Channel 3
    Right: Channel 4

Master: Left (mono): Channel 1
    Right: Channel 2

Now your soundcard is setup. Next you need to make shure that you'v got a tks file loaded.

Next, push the Cue button on the VCI and ajust the heaphones volume and the channel selcet (in Traktor its called Phone mix og Ph mix)on the vci.

Have a go at this, and you will be fine

Thankyou,
    you solved it in 1,nearly threw the ak1 out the window, but eventually i got it.....

I did a search on the forums but mised sumthin again...dunno how i got it wrong before but makes sense in hindsight..

mucho gracias!!!!