I chipped my new unibody MBP!!

Default I chipped my new unibody MBP!!

FUCK!!

Ok so I'm pretty neurotic about not scratching new, expensive as hell, gear but I accidentally bumped my MPB ever so slightly into a concrete wall and now there's this TINY black mark on the bottom right corner of the backside of the screen. I thought it was solid aluminum?

So at first I just freaked out cause I hate having chipped stuff, but then I googled a bit and found that chipping the new MBPs could lead to even more chipping and eventually black corners. Which, I don't really want since I spend all my savings on this non-solid aluminum piece of equipment.

Soooo... has anyone else hear almost-nearly-assaulted their unibody MBP?
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Mentor

This stuff happens unfortunately.

When I got my Macbook Pro (Not unibody) I said I was going to treat it like a godesses, never get a mark on it. 3 years on, it is now covered in scratches, stickers, dents, screws missing..

It's just really well used but still works 100%. Eventually I will get a new Macbook Pro and just use this one for DJ'ing.

Tech Guru

Highly recommend getting a Speck hard shell for your MBP to prevent stuff like that from happening. Its the best $49.99 you'll spend on your $1000+ investment

Tech Mentor

Whats a solid piece of aluminum is the top case of your computer not the display clamshell. Even, titanium can bent. Just like mmauve said protect your investment and expect something to happen when you bump any electronic product against concrete.
    Thank Ya!!!

Good advice on the Speck shell, ordering one right now I actually inspected the MBP further and realized all 4 corners of the screen have small small black marks so I guess it's the laptop case I've been using. As long as it doesn't chip more, it's cool - and with a hardcase there will be no more tears
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.