Someone stole my mix - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

This is also one of the reasons why I usually put in a short restricted sessions vocal label during the DJ set.
    It might be corny, but it's hard to take out of a DJ set.

Next to this, I agree with Jester.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

As a general practice, when I post mixes online I often include a very small, non obtrusive drop for myself. This acts as a watermark for your DJ set, and removing it would require either butchering the hell out of the set, or actually splicing the original audio tracks over the places which have the drop. My recommendation is putting drops over every other transition. No way in hell he can remove that.

When you hand out demo's on a labeled CD which sites your work, then you can remove the drops and provide an untainted mix in person.

A pretty effectively method of safe guarding your work

Tech Guru

lol people actually do that?

jesus christ...

It's a sad world! If it's not bolted to the ground people will take it!

Maybe he should spend less time being a twat "dj" and more time cleaning his room, judging by the pic of mmuave's post!

He's probably one of those losers that sits around home, mum makes him dinner and goes shopping with him for new clothes only to come home and sit infront of the xbox!

Does anyone know how to hack? DELETE his account by finding out his password maybe?
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

I wanna go savage and put in fliers in his home town about this. "Chaos D is a poser who can't even record one good mix. His mixes are stolen from real DJs!"

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JelaniRobot View Post
    I wanna go savage and put in fliers in his home town about this. "Chaos D is a poser who can't even record one good mix. His mixes are stolen from real DJs!"
    On the contrary, I would love to give this guy a shitload of bookings, get him hooked up with the biggest venue in his area (if thats possible in New Hampshire lol). Then watch him fall flat on his ass as people come to realize he can't actually mix.

All aboard the trainwreck express!!

ya, i thought that was the guy but not too sure. i didnt see it myself, but my cousin, who is a well known and respected dj, said that when he popped my cd into his machine, the tags came up as dj chaos d - letting go. needless to say, this is a red flag and i want to get all the facts straight before i pursue legal action. if he would come forward and denounce himself, i would be more than happy to drop it. otherwise, seeing how i have copies of the drafts and this mix is promotional material, im gonna sue his candy ass for everything i can.
    facebook.com/fkdmusic
    soundcloud.com/fkdmusic
    lethaltalent.com

Tribal Rites feat Kate Lesing on Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeEss View Post
    It's a sad world! If it's not bolted to the ground people will take it!

Maybe he should spend less time being a twat "dj" and more time cleaning his room, judging by the pic of mmuave's post!

He's probably one of those losers that sits around home, mum makes him dinner and goes shopping with him for new clothes only to come home and sit infront of the xbox!

Does anyone know how to hack? DELETE his account by finding out his password maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    On the contrary, I would love to give this guy a shitload of bookings, get him hooked up with the biggest venue in his area (if thats possible in New Hampshire lol). Then watch him fall flat on his ass as people come to realize he can't actually mix.

All aboard the trainwreck express!!
    Watch him has nothing but the first iDJ, some skull candy headphones, and an xbox live mic.

but like i said before, im not even sure if thats the guy. if someone could pop him a msg that says, "dude, that new mix is the shit! just heard it! can i get a link?" that would rock. if what he links sounds like amorous, then we got the guy. i cant do it cause if it is, he wont respond.
    facebook.com/fkdmusic
    soundcloud.com/fkdmusic
    lethaltalent.com

Tribal Rites feat Kate Lesing on Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    ya, i thought that was the guy but not too sure. i didnt see it myself, but my cousin, who is a well known and respected dj, said that when he popped my cd into his machine, the tags came up as dj chaos d - letting go. needless to say, this is a red flag and i want to get all the facts straight before i pursue legal action. if he would come forward and denounce himself, i would be more than happy to drop it. otherwise, seeing how i have copies of the drafts and this mix is promotional material, im gonna sue his candy ass for everything i can.
    The sad thing is that I doubt you can sue. The artist are the only ones with the rights the the music, I think.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast