Someone stole my mix - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

^^HAHAA!!

Are SK Pro Headphones anygood? Or would Pioneer or the likes be a better option?
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

I used the SK pros for about four months when I first started. My second headphones, that I still deeply enjoy, are the Shure SRH750DJ. After seeing the difference in both the club environment and when in the bedroom, I would say don't waste your money on the SK pros. The sound quality is fine for an average person, but the low are lacking for any DJ.

Tech Guru

so does this happen often in the dj community? mix plagiarism...

i'm surprised people would try to pull that, i mean as soon as you give them a live gig or as ask for another mix from them - the jig is up. who would be so stupid to do that, i mean what's the point?

unless you're positive that this guy is actually guilty of doing this Damien, maybe it would be in your best interest not to spread rumours - it just seems almost unbelievable to me and probably a misunderstanding.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 12-29-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    ya, i thought that was the guy but not too sure. i didnt see it myself, but my cousin, who is a well known and respected dj, said that when he popped my cd into his machine, the tags came up as dj chaos d - letting go. needless to say, this is a red flag and i want to get all the facts straight before i pursue legal action. if he would come forward and denounce himself, i would be more than happy to drop it. otherwise, seeing how i have copies of the drafts and this mix is promotional material, im gonna sue his candy ass for everything i can.
    I hope thats not the only credible piece of evidence you have, cause in all honesty, the guy is probably innocent. I've popped plenty of my own mixes into WinAmp, and CDDB told me it was by Garbage, Paul Oakenfold, or Crystal Method. More often than not, it was a name I haven't even heard before.

Personally, I think its bad to rely on auto recognition technology to properly fill in the information for the DJ mix of an independent artist or DJ for that matter.

First step would be for your buddy to provide more information on how that name came up.

1.) What program did he use to play the CD
    2.) What does the program use to auto tag the music information
    3.) How is this process managed?, what properties are used in a CD to judge this obtained information?
    4.) What is the submission process for that auto tag process?

From here, you should be able to deduct how his name is appended to your work.

Are there any posts around the internet, more particularly forums, which actually show him going around sharing this mix, with the exact tracklisting, promoting it as his own?. Links?

If none of the above can be answered accurately, or deducted through reasoning, it's worth letting go and moving on. I know it's easy to get possessive over your own mix, but in all reality, you have to have concrete information before bringing this guy into the open like this.

Regardless, the pics are still hilarious lol

Quote Originally Posted by JelaniRobot View Post
    Watch him has nothing but the first iDJ, some skull candy headphones, and an xbox live mic.
    This is hilarious for me, As I am guilty of owning those piece of shit skull candy headphones. My excuse, I was in a hurry whilst in the Singapore airport and needed to get some headphones, my choices were between the skull candy and the new Dr Dre's. Deciding to opt for the significantly cheaper skullcany's OMG they are horrible. I nearly got the Dr Dre's because they did sound awesome but one they are crazy expensive and two, they seemed to be more suited for Production rather than a dj application.

Quote Originally Posted by JelaniRobot View Post
    Watch him has nothing but the first iDJ, some skull candy headphones, and an xbox live mic.
    Can he haz cheezburg3r?

Don't sweat it dude. He's just another one of those internet "DJs" who fall into the same category as people who photoshop (usually girls, sorry) their facebook pictures... or use a picture of someone else on a dating site, or go back to their high school reunion and lie to everyone about what they do.....

(sorry shoddy quality)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV55bwBLm-k

Another damage done to the arts by technology, probably. Or more likely, in considering most of the responses in this thread, at least a source of some mild comedy though.

(I understand your frustration though, I'd be bashing skulls if I were you)
    Last edited by Lambox; 12-30-2009 at 02:15 AM.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Thanks for the Skull Candy heads up guys!
    MixCloud

Oi, I still use SK pros! lol

to be honest.. only because of the colour, and the fact that I hardly use headphone cueing really..

Oh and is this guys for real? He wears a T-shirt with his dj name on the back...!

what a douchebag...

but to be honest, i think this whole thing's a mixup. I agree with the whole CD naming thing - they're always getting it wrong.

come on! what´s wrong with this shirt? i recently ordered myself a nike air morgan crush iD with ed paris on the back . 100€ for a pair-> now that´s a bargain!!!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Yeah lol names on t-shirts thats so-

HANG ON!

LOL I was going to get shirts made up for myself! With my name on them and all so I can get my name out there and noticed!

IS it unethical? or unethical to have a shit design of your name on the back?
    MixCloud

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast