Midifighter Features
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arrow Midifighter Features

Features of the Midifighter v1
    20091230: post created by Fatlimey
    20110510: edited to reflect the current firmware

- The Midifighter is a Class Compliant USB device, so it can plug and play to produce MIDI over USB on Mac, PC and Linux without additional divers needed.

- High performance key scanning, with keys read at 1000hz giving 1ms response to keydowns and 10ms response to keyups (use to the 10-entry debounce buffer). We send the MIDI events to the host as fast as we capture them.

- Bootup menu system sets allows you to alter system settings, which are written to persistent storage and reused at every subsequent reboot. Hold down the top-left key (nearest the USB socket) while powering up to enter Menu Mode. See the Menu System HOWTO post for more.

MIDI Implementation

- The keyboard generates the 16 notes from C2 to D#3 (assuming the standard numbering that "Middle C" = C4, note 60), to line up with the default window of an Ableton Live 8 drum map.

Code:
         C3  C#3 D3  D#3
         G#2 A2  A#2 B2
         E2  F2  F#2 G2
         C2  C#2 D2  D#2
    or as MIDI note numbers:

Code:
         48  49  50  51
         44  45  46  47
         40  41  42  43
         36  37  38  39
    The base note of this group is selectable through the menu system allowing the 16 note window to be placed anywhere in the MIDI map.

- The Midifighter generates NoteOn (0x90) and NoteOff (0x80) events to signify a note finishing instead of using a zero velocity NoteOn event.

- MIDI notes have a selectable velocity, which defaults to 127 (0x7f). The velocity is also used for the NoteOff events.

- MIDI notes are generated on a single channel, which defaults to MIDI channel 3 (0x2)

- Sending MIDI events out to the Midifighter on the same channel and note numbers as the keys controls the LEDs. NoteOn lights the LED, NoteOff turns it off. By default pressing a key also lights the LED on that key, but for total control over your LEDs this feature can be turned off using the menus system.

Open Source Resources

- The Midifighter is an open source hardware project. All schematics, firmware, source code and other support documentation are openly available and licensed under Creative Commons (hardware) and GPL (firmware).

- Source code and documentation is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/midifighter

- Programming potential: program memory is only 35% full, plenty of space to add new features!
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 05-10-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Dude.... You might actually start a wiki just for this controller? :eek:
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

not to be a d.i.c.k but i noticed resources is spelt wrong on the main page.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Same here... But before handling that one, I need to be sure that they meant resources instead of recourses.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Done.

Tech Convert

do you ship this worldwide?

damn i'd like to buy 2

Check the shops... This is a world wide thingy.

Availability is a bigger issue.

Tech Wizard

hey people, i'm still new at mapping and setting up midi controllers, even though i'm use a vcm100 with and mpd24. if the default midi channel is 3, (vcm00 is 1, mpd24 is 4) could i use just use the midi learn in traktor to map the midi fighter?

Why not?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast