How To Use the Midifighter Menu Mode (Classic & Pro only) - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Tech Student

same thing with mine i don't know how to fix it

I just received my midi fighters, and am trying to get into Menu mode to set up four banks mode. I hold down the top left button (the button closest to the usb plug) pull out the usb cable and plug it in while holding down the button but nothing happens? What is supposed to happen when menu mode is activated? My understanding is that the 1st 7 buttons should light up and the bottom right should be this flashing exit button?

ps i also just ran the firmware updater and I am on the latest version of OSX

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try just unplugging it and the hold the button down when you plug it back in. You're correct in what's supposed to happen.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Try just unplugging it and the hold the button down when you plug it back in. You're correct in what's supposed to happen.
    Yep I have tried that a few times and on different computers, just nothing happens. Now I'm having trouble getting the MF into boot loader mode using the 4 corners method. It seems strange - I got two MFs at the sometime and they are both behaving in the same way. Though from what I've read and some videos I've seen it really should be as simple as holding that button?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yeah it really should be that simple. Maybe check the solder connections on the board. Next step would be to call DJTT.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by bradferris View Post
    Yep I have tried that a few times and on different computers, just nothing happens. Now I'm having trouble getting the MF into boot loader mode using the 4 corners method. It seems strange - I got two MFs at the sometime and they are both behaving in the same way. Though from what I've read and some videos I've seen it really should be as simple as holding that button?
    i had the same problem, and after hours of searching the forum found an answer. Instead of just holding the buttons down and then plugging it in you have to do something different. This method goes for both the 4 corners method, and the top left menu button method:

As you plug the usb in, tap the button, let go, then push the button again and hold it this time. thats all. it took a couple of goes to get the timing right though.

1. plug USB in
    2. simultaneously tap the button
    3. let go of button for a millisecond
    4. push button down and hold.

This is what worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by bradferris View Post
    I just received my midi fighters, and am trying to get into Menu mode to set up four banks mode. I hold down the top left button (the button closest to the usb plug) pull out the usb cable and plug it in while holding down the button but nothing happens? What is supposed to happen when menu mode is activated? My understanding is that the 1st 7 buttons should light up and the bottom right should be this flashing exit button?

ps i also just ran the firmware updater and I am on the latest version of OSX
    Assuming that they're new MFs, Zach Dero responded to a post of mine that was similar. You have to hold the Reset Button under the PCB that is installed on all of the newer MIDI Fighters. I used a credit card to hold the button up. Hold the top left button and the reset button, let go of the reset button and you should enter menu mode.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Quote Originally Posted by garethnevin View Post
    i had the same problem, and after hours of searching the forum found an answer. Instead of just holding the buttons down and then plugging it in you have to do something different. This method goes for both the 4 corners method, and the top left menu button method:

As you plug the usb in, tap the button, let go, then push the button again and hold it this time. thats all. it took a couple of goes to get the timing right though.

1. plug USB in

This is what worked for me
    Ok thanks I'll try that tonight... But that doesn't really seem like a practical solution if you are saying you have to spend hours every time to access the bootloader/ menu?

Quote Originally Posted by Yep. View Post
    Assuming that they're new MFs, Zach Dero responded to a post of mine that was similar. You have to hold the Reset Button under the PCB that is installed on all of the newer MIDI Fighters. I used a credit card to hold the button up. Hold the top left button and the reset button, let go of the reset button and you should enter menu mode.
    Hmmm, so that means I have to remove the silicone case anytime I want to make a change? Unfortunately not going to be a practical solution for me... I think I will contact the guys at the shop to confirm - but if it's gonna take more than 5-10mins max to change settings I might just have to send them back... I'm hoping it's just user error somewhere on my part lol

Tech Wizard

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by garethnevin View Post

1. plug USB in

Sir YOU ARE A KING!! This solved things for me!! Thanks you so much...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast