Happy New Year - 10 Tips for Partying on NYE 2010!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Happy New Year - 10 Tips for Partying on NYE 2010!

This isn't mine, a kind gentlemen by the name of Manny Romano wrote it, but I thought that I would share it with the DJTT community. It also isn't geared toward DJ's necessarily, but I think that you guys might find it useful...

Happy a safe, happy and bangin NYE DJTT! --- I'm off to my gig tonight, hope all goes well for those who have gigs tonight too!

-Bence

-10 Tips For Partying on NYE 2010-

1. The Midnight Make-out: NYE is a special occasion. Add a massive amount of joyful people, sprinkle some alcohol on top and everyone wants to do the tongue tango. Don’t wait until 11:55PM to find your mate, unless you prefer evolutionary traits on the lower end of the spectrum.

2. Grateful Gratuity: Everyone who works NYE is overworked. Give your bartender a hefty tip on your first drink, they will reimburse you with strong drinks and quick service on a night where Mission Impossible is a movie about getting a drink at the bar. (If you happen to be attending a residential celebration and the host asks for a nominal fee give a couple extra greenbacks and say “thank you kind sir/madam for hosting.” If there is no fee bring a bottle, even if not asked to do so.

3. It’s an Open-bar not an Ambulance Challenge: Most establishments will have alcoholic drinks galore but this is not a competition to see who can win the BAC race. Drink to have fun, unless you like being the creepy guy/girl sleeping in the corner at 11:30PM.

4. Make “Note” of the following. Things will undoubtedly get rambunctious, your bodies will reach high levels of intoxication and you will probably get into some type of trouble: make sure you have a taxi number, the address of the place you are going (there is a high probability of you drunkenly wondering off or just getting lost in general), if you are staying in a hotel write the room number and where you parked.

5. Dress to Impress (sort of): If it only happens once a year you want to look your best. But this isn’t the time to wear your grandmother’s diamond earrings that have been passed down through the generations or your white tailor-made Italian suit. Drunk people, champagne bottles popping, and alcohol induced memory loss don’t mix with precious jewelry, watches, or clothes you hold dear.

6. Hitchhiking (taxi): Cue awful drunk driving commercial. There is no need for you to drive on NYE, leave the driving to the hard working taxi drivers and have some fun in the back seat. For extra points rent a limo or other obnoxious vehicle.

7. The Box Office: Make your New Years plans and buy your tickets early. Never buy tickets at the door because prices will most definitely be higher. Lastly, if you are currently reading this and don’t have a place to go. Stop reading…make plans…then continue reading. It’s OK I’ll wait.

8. Pre-Game: Power nap. Eat. Drink Water. If you plan on having the night of your life, it’s going to take hard work and dedication. Socializing like “any other sport” requires preparation.

9. Late-Night Shenanigans: Keep an extra bottle of wine or easy to drink liquor (this isn’t the time to bust out the tequila) at your ending location for the night. You never know who may be coming home with you or what type of devious behavior will come about. For extra points a jacuzzi dip for late-night relaxation is always a plus.

10. Cheers to a great night.
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

Default Re: Happy New Year - 10 Tips for Partying on NYE 2010!

11. Tip the dj if you request a song!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

+1 for being on the receiving end.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Breasts = Good
    Adam's Apple = Bad
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

watch out, dont want to let the ladies see that post jester... .put a real damper on your night.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Breasts = Good
    Adam's Apple = Bad

Depending on Where you live, Living in Bali requires a few more permissive checks prior to Diving in.

I know just about all of the Ladyboys in Bali, However, I was given warning by a few of my friends that there was a "bencong" getting about that was so hot that a few boyz, "that should no better", fell victim to his her enchantments. I laughed the warning off, Thinking myself too clever, too educated in the nightlife of Indonesia to get caught up in an ametuers pitfall.

Some time later I was out with friends when i spotted this hot girl, and I mean smoking hot Girl. Im talking 10/10, no shit..

To cut a long and UBER WIDERLICH story short.... I was groping that arse and rubbing up against her, it wasnt untill one of my friends that was a girl pointed out that it was actually a guy..... Man did I learn my lesson... I asked the bencong if it were true, she admitted that yes she was, I gave her/him a high five, for she had duped me, and I thought i was the shit.

Anyway, for us expats in Bali, its kinda a right of passage, we are divided by those who have been fooled and by those that are going to be fooled. I were my Badge not loudly by with pride.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

So Bali is a great destination if you are looking for a girl with a little "something extra" eh
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Student

Hi,
    Does anyone know of anywhere for families on new years eve. Most places are adults only and we tend to struggle, last year we went to bramall lane as they have a family party but weve been there done it so to speak.

Thanks.

Tech Wizard

I made this post on my website last year and actually lost the article...now I find it on one of my all-time favorite sites. Maybe I'll make an update.

Thanks for posting Be-Ne-Dek

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Breasts = Good
    Adam's Apple = Bad
    omg...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast