APC40 Mapping Madness (Midi Fighter Style on APC40)

Regarding the SYNC stuff, do you have the same blocks as in this screenshot:


(check out the top row with the FX units, but on the left there is a sync-block. In there you should choose INT(ernal) and then 100 bpm for example.

Do you normally have problems with sync as well (without using the apc?)

This is really the weird part. The filter-change is hard coded per button. So if you click on the blue/red/green buttons below the switch to the specific filter is hard coded and set to delay/slicer/masher.

When I’m at home I’ll try to check the TSI again and make a screenshot of the part where I set the filters in my TSI, maybe you can then, or already, check what your TSI says?

Do you have all filters enabled in your preferences?

Right sync probelm is now sorted noidea what it was as it was set to intr but changed it and switched it back and it now works

and yeah all my filters are on

Hmm, thinking of what else this can be. The filters are hardcoded-selected in the mapping itself, so it can only be wrong in there. I still need to check the part where the filters are selected in the TSI, it goes OK in my Traktor..

Are you using the newest Traktor (sorry for the dumb questions :slight_smile:)? Where you able to check the TSI yourself (~select filter IN action?)

i am useing 1.2.4 and whats filter in action?

its a shame this part is not working for me cus this is pretty much the mapping i have been after for a while

The version shouldn’t be a problem.

‘filter in action’ => I meant, if you go to preferences and the the mapping of the APC. Check the in-command called ‘select filter’ and check a command which focusses on deck A or B. Then you should be able to check what filter the command sets the unit to.

@CassoIVchoon; someone else also notices me about the wrong filtering settings compared to my scheme I have drawn.

I’ll check this again, it is possibly a wrong setting at my side, not yours :wink:

ok cheers mate if u get it sorted like me know and thanks again for all your work
as i say sweet mapping just this little problem needs sorted
peace

I think there is a difference between our APC’s and what notes they are sending. I’ve read differences in this earlier, for example in this thread: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5484

I think that various production ranges and/or countries may have ‘different’ APC’s. So that means if note ‘X’ is sending the FX3 in my setup, it might fire note ‘Z’ in your setup causing a whole different action to fire (like in this case FX4).

Too bad that therefore sharing tsi’s is a bit hard.

well that sucks

i had a idea tho in the tsi could i not just edit it myself like where it says beatmaser on 3 of the comands could i not just change it to “delay” etc…? i dont have my apc40 with me but will try it in the morning

Yep, setting those filters yourself would be a good idea. It might be a bit hard, but hopefully my TSI example helps.

Complete Solution

Sorry guys i posted my thread on the wrong section of the forum.

Here´s a complete solution to APC40 Traktor Pro Dj´s

But here´s a link: APC40 Traktor Pro Red Mapping (a final solution)

Btw, there´s a new version coming that supports Midi Fighter Style, 4 Decks Beatjuggle mode.

Enjoy…

Why on earth are you posting this here? Did you read this thread at all???

I did present my TSI in here, providing 2 deck full sample, juggle, cueing, advanced fx and other stuff…

It’s like shouting that there is a shoe sale at your place in a competitor’s store :disappointed:..

:smiley:

i really want this tsi to work but i just dont think it will :disappointed:
i think its strange that apc sends out different midi just cus it was made somewhere else
this is tsi is perfect i just cant use it cus of the efx problems,

It is not like u said

Sorry mate it is not my intention to take down your work.

I posted this here, because is almost the same topic, and i just want to help even i think we can benefit from the work of each other, maybe my mapping helps you to get yours even better or maybe not.

Maybe it works as a base for other guy new mapping, i just want to share it and if you like it allright if you dont, well that is the magic of this community we are all here to share info.

Im proud of showing my .tsi but i only managed to achieve what i did reading and learnig from others right here, then i learned what i needed to do new things or just do them my way.

I hope you enjoy the layout, im at your service for anything you need.

:slight_smile: just joking! Thanks for sharing, no hard feelings.

any closer to solveing the problem of the efx 3 and 4?
all so did you get my pm about setting up eqs for me?

@CassoIVchoon, yeah received your PM, sorry for not responding. I’ve being quite busy with non music stuff. I’ll continue with this map asap, and implement the EQ stuff as well.

About the FX, I cannot solve it. The problem is that there are various APC40 controllers in the world which seem to send different notes, depending on production, country, setting (I don’t know actually). I already noticed 3 different notes-overviews for the APC. The problem is that the buttons below (red/green/blue) seem to different in note-midi signals per controller.

Check some more information here

I’m not sure on how to solve this. Maybe I’ll make a slightly other mapping in which you can set the effects more easily yourself. I didn’t make up my mind about a solution for this yet..

Ok mate no worries and thanks again for all the help you been a star
still useing this mapping for traktor

Hey good news.

A visitor on my site used my TSI and updated it with some new options and also the EQ. It is really a cool TSI and although I’d prefer some options to be a bit different, it still a nice mapping!

Check out the attached files from the mapping image and the TSI!

I’ll update the image and TSI according to some of my preferences and post some new one later!

(thanks go to Steph who updated my image and TSI with some additional cool stuff!)

not sure what im doing wrong, but…

i start from a fresh boot
turn on apc40
load ableton 8.1.3, get red box, and quit
all the lights on the apc go out
i load traktor 1.2.4
no lights appear on apc, all buttons unresponsive

i’ve tried with both steph’s tsi and your most recent tsi with no luck. however, if i load in my old custom apc mapping, lights appear and the controller is responsive.

i’ve completely wiped all controller bindings (including keyboard) and tried both methods to “import” the tsis.

any ideas? i really dig your layout and was finding mine a bit restrictive as of late.

thanks,