i second weasels thoughts, especially since 1.2 is in beta and the 300 has less options for those extra controls, a 2 deck basic tsi would allow people to use an additional controller to handle their effects and what not. something that vestax is hooooooopefully working on with serato in order to implement that into itch.
im so happy that my friend introduced me to this site, the articles and video demos have exponentially helped my mixing especially since im just starting off and need all the help i can get.
any updates regarding the vci-300 tsi? haha ive been using sosiks tsi at present but am very anxious to try out the djtt one. thanks again! this is an awesome site!
Yeah Vestax is working on a unit to go with the VCI-300 wich will function as an FX controller in ITch
.. so Itch will (in the near future) be working with FX.
But for Traktor I just use the Faderfox DX2 in collaboration with the VCI-300
Works lik a charm! I use the bottom section to control an addition of 2 decks. I must say that the Faderfox controllers really go well alongside a ‘main’ controller
All I’am waiting for is the 14bit Midi support from Traktor (or did I not catch the latest upgrade? did I miss one…? )
And one more thing…: Has ANYONE figured out yet how in GODS NAME you get the led feedback on the music going for the line faders of the VCI-300?? Anyone progressing on this part of the midi mapping? PLEAZE..?
It is possible to map the LED-feedback, however there’s a max of 6(?) leds I think that can be used, otherwise Traktor starts lagging.
I agree with the others that there should be a tsi without effects mapped in so people with an external effects controller can map them theirselves.
I’m looking forward to the official tsi, because at this moment, it’s very hard to make good use of the vci 300 with traktor (and ITCH lags in windows 7 so it seems… maybe cpu leak, because cpu is always at 100% usage, this with a 2,5Ghz C2D)
I am stil perfecting my TSI as we speak. I am willing to share it wen its done if anyone wants it. It’s mapped without FX, because I use the Faderfox for that.
I think the Cue volume is allright, but I still have sensitive ears. Some wuld argue that it doesn’t go loud enough for the club envoirment, but I guess that also depends on what kind of earphones you use and how loud you set your monitors.
And yes, the VCI-300 can bee hooked up to a convetional mixer through either it’s 1/4 inch jack outputs or its RCA outputs.
How can this be done?? Right now I have it set up that the leds light up as soon as I open up a line fader (I mapped them both as modifers 3 and 4 with values ranging from 0-7; I duplicated those lines and mapped them for Output-Led) But the LEDS either go on all the way as I open the line faders or off all the way. It Doesn’t correspond with the position of teh faders.
I’ll search the right thread, hopefully I can find it. I know I tested it and it worked, you could let the LEDs flash on the beat or indicate the volume, you even got the options to indicate master volume or L+R channel volumes.
headphone cue is a little low (according to other ppl). i’m not having any problems with it, but it also heavily depends on what type of headphones you use (impedance).
vci-300 with a mixer? depends on what you want to do… if you want to have the master signal of the 300 on a single channel on your mixer then yes, that’s possible. if you want to be able to mix externally then you’re out of luck (without an external soundcard) as the soundcard of the 300 only has got one output (well, master and booth, so there are two of them, but you can’t map them to individual channels).
I finished my work on my ‘final’ TSI-file for the VCI-300 in Traktor Pro (with LED feedback for the linefaders totally working; hoooray!! )
I’m not having any troubles so far. I would like to share the TSI with you guys (note that the FX section is mapped to CC’s of my Faderfox DX2, but you can alter this as you like ofcourse).
Now… after nearly one year… my VCI-300 is (lit up like a christmas tree) finally (nearly) the way I think it should rightfyully be in working with Traktor Pro.
Note; any Traktor Pro under version 1.2 needs the Mini Translator from DJ Techtools here to get the best (so far) out of the pitch faders and jog wheels.
Got the first design down for the VCI-300, this thing is going to blow your guys socks off Moving onto the mapping stage now that i have a really good picture of what i am going for.
Expect alot of the VCI-100 SE functionality along with some other cool tricks, I am sure the fx junkies out there be well pleased ! We will be continuing the use of Bomes Midi Translator as it allows me to give extra functionality that Traktor does not support natively.
thats awesome! thanks for keeping us updated on your progress, i cant wait to see the finished setup.
quick question (and maybe a dumb one) haha but currently im using sosiks tsi file with traktor pro without the midi translator. When the DJTT tsi comes out i noticed u said that the bomes midi translator will be used. Is this a simple install and go type program or do i have to change any settings within traktor? Thanks for your help
vci 300 with a mixer.. well i was thinking if the headphone cue was too low.. then i’d connect it to an ext mixer n mix externally.. not possible then!!
Its a simple program that you install, theres no need to change any setttings in Traktor other than to load the .tsi file - no need to do anything too fancy when it comes to installation
Ah, very nice to see some progression! Now we only need to be lucky to get the design into the mapping as it was meant, you never know with the mapping difficulties of the vci 300 But I think that’s when the midi-translator jumps in…
Thanks for your work, I tested rapidly your TSI yesterday.
Look nice but,
I have some comments:
When I load the TSI and I play a desk, the PC slow down and crash (blue screen with USB error). I deleted all references to level led into midi config and it’s OK. No crash anymore.
Can you explain a little what button do what ?
Cue2 and out3 go to the last cue set, same function ?
Cue3 and out3 do nothing ?
Why when a autoloop is set the Censor button lights ?
It’is possible to deactivate the scratch function ?
I use Traktor pro 1.1 with translator. Scratch with jog wheel works but not very well. It is not very realistic, there are some latency when I release the platter. Pitch bend work very well.
Other question, It is possible to configure cue1, 2 and 3 as the same way that ITCH ?
Press cue1 button, the cue1 is set. Press cue1 button for second time, go to cue1. Shift button and press cue1 button, erase cue 1. Same for cue 2, …