VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2
Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Talking VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2

After long anticipation, the initial version of the VCI-100SE v4.0 mapping for Traktor Pro 2 is here. Please note that this mapping has been designed to utilize Traktor Pro 2 functions and the mapping will not work with earlier Traktor versions.

The core of the mapping shares a lot of similarities to the v3.6.4 VCI-100 mapping; however, there are a number of key changes as follows (I am going to reference things based on the current overlay text):

• The section in the Top Right section of the controller (formerly "Sampler" section) is now the Loop Recorder. The "Sampler" button will Rec the Loop Recorder and then play it afterwards. Pressing the Sampler button again after having recorded will overdub (re-record) the Loop Recorder. Shift+Sampler button will delete the Recorded Loop. The source of the Loop Recorded is not controlled by the mapping and should be set by you (e.g., main, cue, ext, aux).
    • The "Vol" knob controls the Loop Rec Dry/Wet
    • The "Glitch" knob control the Loop Rec Length
    • The "Len" knob controls overall Master Volume
    • The "Loops" section of the "Control FX" section in the upper right side of the VCI is now the "Sample Deck" section which controls Deck D as a Sample Deck.
    • While in the "Sample Deck" section the knobs will control the volume of each four sample slots of Deck D.
    • If you press the labeled "A" & "B" buttons in the "Sample" section and there is not currently a sample loaded into that slot, it will copy the current loop from Deck A (or a loop based on the current loop length setting) into the corresponding Sample Slot in Deck D and as you let go of the button (wait to see the button LED light up first, it only takes a split second) it should seamlessly pause Deck A and unpause the Sample slot. The same goes for buttons "C" and "D" for Deck B.
    • If a sample slot is occupied, the button LED should be lit to indicate this and the button will then mute/unmute the corresponding sample slot.
    • A sample within a Sample slot can be delete by pressing Shift+Sample slot button
    • If you have a Loop saved in the Loop Recorder, you can move it to a Sample Slot by pressing "Route FX" and then a Sample slot button (while in "Sample Deck" mode). It will move the Loop Recorder into a Sample slot but it will not stop the Loop Recorder from playing or unmute the just loaded Sample slot.
    • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, all of the tempo, pitch bend, scratch, play, cue, eq, filter, loop/2,x2 (alters length of sample), loop 8 (sets sample to original length) and volume controls affect all four sample slots for the corresponding Sample Deck.
    • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, you can utilize "Juggle 1-4" mode to trigger individual Samples within that Sample Deck.
    • All EQ knobs and Gain knobs can now be used in "Soft takeover" mode if you hold Shift while turning the knob
    • Fader FX now only uses FX bank 1 for all Decks. The controls are the same except that FX bank 1 is activated on the currently active two decks (left and right) by pressing the corresponding Jog Wheel or moving the Volume Fader downwards. FX1 can be turned off either deck by moving the corresponding Volume Fader back to the top position.
    • Triggering the FX Presets has changed. You now need to only press the corresponding FX Preset push button to load that FX Preset into FX bank 1. You will still need to push it twice to properly load the presets (once to change effects, twice to change effect parameter rates)

There are some other small changes within the mapping, but those listed above are all of the major changes. This is an initial release of DJTT's new Traktor Pro 2 mapping for the VCI-100SE, updates to follow if necessary.

Please use this thread if you think you found a bug or have questions about the mapping's functionality.

I hope to post a visual layout soon, but for now the text above will have to do. Thanks to everyone for your patience in getting this mapping out and I appreciate everyone's support along the way.

EDIT: In v4.1, a few minor bugs and LED issues were fixed. Also, Shift+the Jog wheel no longer sets Cue Points on the fly. Now, Shift+Jog turn will seek through a track (with scratch on or off).
    Last edited by flashflooder; 10-28-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Thanks flashflooder! your links in the other threads don't seem to work though
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Thanks flashflooder! your links in the other threads don't seem to work though
    Thanks for noticing fullenglishpint, they should all be fixed now.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Thanks for noticing fullenglishpint, they should all be fixed now.
    No worries. I'll give this mapping a try asap... Before my Twitch arrives (hopefully this week) and I'm lost to that for a while!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

will there be a new over-lay?
    And when will the standard overlay be back in stock?
    Thanks!

Thanks for the update! Good to see DJTT is still supporting the VCI-100SE.

Tech Convert

Thanks! Fantastic, but i can't seem to use the Juggle 1-4 buttons to trigger the samples? Maybe i don't quite understand how it works? I've tried everything.

EDIT:

They only put down new cue points.

EDIT:

Nevermind

Here's to hoping for lots of positivity for your work flashflooder, in light of the recent negativity in various threads. Will give this a try asap

Tech Convert

Great to see you guys still supporting the VCI-100!
    2011 13" i5 MBPro | TP2 | Self-modded White Arcade Button VCI-100 /w DJTT overlay (FW1.4) | Dicers | Audio2DJ

Tech Student

Default Awesome

This is great news. You seemed to have added all the features I was wishing for. It's as if you have used a VCI to dj with or something

Thanks for putting the time in to make this.

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast