Working on a VDJ Mapper for the midifighter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Working on a VDJ Mapper for the midifighter

I unfortunately don't have one to test but I need to know what the led on/off note is... are they the same as the the button messages in hexidecimal?

<button name="ECHO" note="0x30" />
    <button name="DELAY" note="0x31" />
    <button name="FLANGER" note="0x32" />
    <button name="DOPPLER" note="0x33" />
    <button name="REVERB" note="0x2C" />
    <button name="GATE" note="0x2D" />
    <button name="FILTER" note="0x2E" />
    <button name="CRUSH" note="0x2F" />
    <button name="MASH 1" note="0x28" />
    <button name="MASH 2" note="0x29" />
    <button name="MASH 3" note="0x2A" />
    <button name="BRAKE" note="0x2B" />
    <button name="SHIFT 1" note="0x24" />
    <button name="PARAM -" note="0x25" />
    <button name="PARAM +" note="0x26" />
    <button name="SHIFT 2" note="0x27" />

I also need vendor id and product id if it has one to be properly defined in VDJ.

to get that on a windows 7 pc, go into control panel --> devices --> right click the midi fighter --> properties --> hardware tab --> properties --> details tab --> in the drop down menu select "hardware id's"

some information on it can be found here
    http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/1436..._question.html

Thanks for looking.

EDIT********************************************** ********

actually don't worry about the leds, they are the same as the buttons note's according to this thread. but the VID and PID would really help me out or even just the driver name if that information is not available
    Last edited by synthet1c; 12-20-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

mapper is finished, led light show is good but might need to be toned down a little, but it might work as it is all beat synced, it will depend on user feedback really... I only have it mapped to an icon istage
    • chained effects (instant gratification style)
      -reverb
      -gate
      -lfo fiilter
      -bit crusher
      -echo
      -echo out (doppler)
      -delay
      -flanger
    • beat masher as below
    • beat slicer workaround (like twitch) using a map that jumps around the 2 bar section and repeats using a roll plugin. Then returns to the point in the track it should be on release. Can work in or out of a loop.
    • cue juggle 8 cues
    • slip role similar to DJTT's rejuggle mode
    • basic transport: play, sync, pitchbend, pitch
    • maybe - 4 banks of 8 samples the user will need to edit, will have the functions of play_stop (for one shots), play_sync (for loops), play while_pressed, stop & play (for drumming). working on a way to load samples recorded on the fly.

I am waiting for atomix to fix a bug in their "repeat" verb so I can create a crazy lightshow for when supercombos are activated and held, again it may be overkill but some may like it.. it will also allow me more importantly to create automations in what the effects do, so it can change multiple parameters at different times for the supercombos.

this is what the beatmasher buttons can do in combinations

This will be the most comprehensive mapping VDJ has ever had...
    Last edited by synthet1c; 12-21-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Tech Wizard

would I be able to get this Map, and were could I find it if so? Waiting on my midi fighter now and Been a long time VDJ guy but was thinking of trying out traktor. But I hate to invest the money if I can use what I already paid for.

i'd be very keen to see the mapper xml too if possible. any idea if they'll be keeping this format for vdj8? i've looked at the old djdecks (whose code will be in vdj8 to some extent i presume) xml format. not sure how the scripting parts differ tho...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Hey guys anyone who want's it can have it, but not having a midifighter myself means I haven't been able to have a working definition file so the device can be properly recognised. I have worked in correspondence with a guy but he understood very little of what was happening .

If you guys are able to test a couple of things for me we can get this thing pasted into the midi fighter in no time...

Zestoi check your pm... it's big, and a little probably hard to follow.

and there are a few extra buttons in there because I am using it on an icon istage so ignore anything with "MID" in the name

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    Hey guys anyone who want's it can have it, but not having a midifighter myself means I haven't been able to have a working definition file so the device can be properly recognised. I have worked in correspondence with a guy but he understood very little of what was happening .
    i have a midifighter if i can help at all, but then don't have a copy of vdj apart from the one that came with my hercules mk2, but that doesn't support stuff like custom mappings i presume.

If you guys are able to test a couple of things for me we can get this thing pasted into the midi fighter in no time...

Zestoi check your pm... it's big, and a little probably hard to follow.
    cool no PM atm, u can always email at zestoi at djism or djism at zestoi, both dot com's...

and there are a few extra buttons in there because I am using it on an icon istage so ignore anything with "MID" in the name
    i almost bought an istage a while back but went for a 2nd launchpad instead. an istage would fit nicely next to my idj tho. what do u think of the controller?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

I can't get the leds to work as they should in vdj, for some reason they send multiple led on messages when sending information from the software, which I have spent long time trying everything in my aresenal to fix... still no luck.

the istage though, is built for ableton, if you are using it with traktor, and you want to map the leds there is only one setting out of the 4 that you can use... in traktor mode the pad half lights up in purple and half in blue, with note on messages making the pads go red. so not the greatest control, and you don't have the ability to use both colors in mapping, you also lose the aftertouch in traktor mode, that is reserved for ableton only

And don't even consider emailing icon support, I have pleaded with them 4 times with very precise information drawing them diagrams, video's of my results, providing code to get some information, and not a single reply...

The other bad thing bout it is if you are pressing a button down the device will stop receiving note on messages for the leds, It's a great size, decent quality, terrible implimentation, I'd say you were easily better off getting the launchpad.

sending the other stuff to you now.

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    the istage though, is built for ableton, if you are using it with traktor, and you want to map the leds there is only one setting out of the 4 that you can use... in traktor mode the pad half lights up in purple and half in blue, with note on messages making the pads go red. so not the greatest control, and you don't have the ability to use both colors in mapping, you also lose the aftertouch in traktor mode, that is reserved for ableton only
    that's odd... could it be like the apc40 that has an ableton mode and a dumb mode and it just takes a sysex message to switch between them? the kludge fix being to connect it to ableton and then after closing ableton it stays in the same mode?

The other bad thing bout it is if you are pressing a button down the device will stop receiving note on messages for the leds, It's a great size, decent quality, terrible implimentation, I'd say you were easily better off getting the launchpad.
    that is even odder... can't see any rationale for that. i went for the launchpad as a) it was a known entity and b) they look cool next to each other tho also c) i've spent a heck of a lot of time coding midi in midimasher for it

u could send out some sysex to the istage from midimasher if that would help get it in a more usable mode like ableton has access to.

the launchpad is sloooow in it's led updates which is one bad thing. i use it's double buffering mechanism so it *looks* like they all change instantly which kind of helps

sending the other stuff to you now.
    awesome i might not get back to my email for a bit, but can't wait to see it...

Tech Wizard

Yes I would be willing to test it and give you feed back. If I can figure anything out Ill try to help out as well. I have VDJ already and have the midi fighter as well (well that is when they finally decied to take it out of the asembly area its been in for a week and ship it to me since I ordered it to assemble my self..lol) You can email me at onebuckwild at yahoo.com

hey onebuckwild, yeah I will release 2 versions, one on here that uses vst only effects, but still trying to find a suitable loop roll for the beatmasher, I was using "instajungle", but it isn't reliable on my system and can't pinpoint why exactly and "supatrigger" doesn't work at all, and a fully featured one on the vdj forum that uses vdj effects that you will need a pro licence to download.

I'm going to see if zestoi can help me next week get a definition file working so I can map the leds.

but really all i need is for someone put the midi fighter in 1 bank mode and use the miditrace program (link above), press the buttons in order of 1(bottom left) - 16(top right), and give me the results.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast