Maps - Controller Mappings Forum? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Now that Maps is online (great work BTW), how about we close the "Controller Mappings" forum so no new threads can be started and create a new forum called "Controller Mapping Discussions"
    the controller mappings forum is basically the place to discuss mapping controllers tho? i guess it was originally meant to just be a place to post mappings, but it's much more than that now. would seem silly to merge controller mappings chatter into the "controllers, mods and gear reviews" forum imho.

i think people are posting actual mappings correctly to the new midimaps site now anyway instead of only creating a thread on the forum - but i have seen some people doing what i said at the start that i'd like to see, which is to post the mapping+description in the midimaps site and link to it from a discussion thread in the forum. it makes much more sense imho to use the forum for that discussion than the midimaps comments and the forum thread could be integrated into the midi maps page for that controller. i'm not sure why it seemed a good idea to reinvent the wheel and have a disjoint comments section on the midimaps site?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

You are right, we still need a place to discuss mapping controllers. How about just changing the name of the forum to "Controller Mapping" or even "Controller Mapping Discussions"?

As for disjoint, comments can be written under the mapping in the new maps section. It is just not as nice as in the forum.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

You are right, we still need a place to discuss mapping controllers. How about just changing the name of the forum to "Controller Mapping" or even "Controller Mapping Discussions"?
    sounds good to me

As for disjoint, comments can be written under the mapping in the new maps section. It is just not as nice as in the forum.

scamo
    exactly my point. a forum is for discussing and does it very well. which is why i suggested a while ago that the midimaps site embeds a dedicated thread per map or other data from the forum.

we already have the forum and blog comments disjoint - what we dont need is something else. i love the idea of the maps site - esp if login+passwords could be shared between that and the forum. what i'm not excited about is yet another comments system on the djtt site.

there's probably some very cool comments on the midimaps site and stuff i could maybe help with or at least comment on, even tho i don't have those specific controllers, but would never know about them unless i check every one individually.

if i could click on a section of the forum and see all the midimaps threads/comments and what the latest one was for each then that would be perfect. but then that would be the forum ofc...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

there's probably some very cool comments on the midimaps site and stuff i could maybe help with or at least comment on, even tho i don't have those specific controllers, but would never know about them unless i check every one individually.
    That is a very good point and something Ean needs to consider.

scamo

That is a very good point and something Ean needs to consider.

scamo
    cheers. the controller mappings area of the forum is my favourite section i guess and i do like helping people out with their mapping issues. i'm no traktor mapping guru like some people on the forum, but midi (and protocols generally) is my "thing" so i can normally work out enough to be helpful.

the midimaps section does add value in some very key areas, namely: a central page for each mapping with title+description and software being specified, a central place to be able to download the file(s) and also excellent version control.

just using a forum thread was suboptimal for those areas but much better imho for discussion of the mappings. having to create a new acct on the site is a bit odd, but i think they're working on changing that anyway (?)

i have offered coding help for free several times and the offer is still open, i'm sure john can handle that, but i would have loved to have been involved. have also offered help with writing code to trap the spam on the forum too ofc.

edit: maybe or maybe not due to the new midimaps site i'm posting less now on the forum, there does seem to be less midi mapping chat anyway, but at least i just (this post) managed to get to 2500 posts

edit2: i know i'm pretty new to the forum so maybe that's why my offers of help have been ignored - but it would have been fun anyway

New to the forum with 2500 posts? I'd say you are a veteran.

scamo

New to the forum with 2500 posts? I'd say you are a veteran.

scamo
    cheers lol - not been registered much over a year - tho was a lurker for a while before that. i just post a lot on things midi mapping related i guess

DJTT San Fran HQ Admin

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    edit2: i know i'm pretty new to the forum so maybe that's why my offers of help have been ignored - but it would have been fun anyway
    Hi zestio, your offers for help were not ignored. Check out post #3 on http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=49962 - you didn't PM me so I didn't think you were interested. But, I've figured out the whole vB API thing anyway now.

I'm definitely listening to what you are saying and we are working on it, I think you'll be very happy with the result. But, it's taking a while because we've got some fires to put out over on the store first!

Quote Originally Posted by DJTT John View Post
    Hi zestio, your offers for help were not ignored. Check out post #3 on http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=49962 - you didn't PM me so I didn't think you were interested. But, I've figured out the whole vB API thing anyway now.
    ah not that i wasn't interested in helping - just that i must have been blind to miss that... it was maybe 4 years ago when i wrote that code to link a website's login to vb, but i'm sure it's similarish now. feel free to PM if me if i can help out with anything in the future - even i can't miss a PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123