Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta

Ok,

Here is a pre-beta release of my FX Jogs mapping. It's beta, because it needs some testing before I'd say it is fit for live use and pre-, because I still want to make an introduction video showing my intentions with the effect modes.

This mapping has 13 basic or one-shot modes. Mode 14 is still waiting for the ultimate effects grouping. I still haven't found it yet. Modes 1 and 8 have have incremental modes. Here is a quick explanation of the modes.

Note to the hater's. I do not consider myself the world's best mapper or effects guru. It could very well be with some of the effect groupings I've come up with a sound engineer would do a two hand face slap, when he hears/ sees them. Haha! If you do know more, please give us some help with tips and improvements. I am really open for ideas and learning what is right with effects. But if you do want to share your wisdom, thanks, but also give up some credentials. If you just want to hate and be negative, don't bother.

So here goes.....

Mode 1 - Ean's Beat Masher

World renowned through this video

(2.2+ million views!!!, look for the left jog), In this video Ean does a really neat mashup of a favorite Depeche Mode song of mine "Enjoy The Silence". It was this mashup and the use of FX jogs which inspired me to even start mapping and was the spark for this mapping. This effect mode is great for so many reasons. Too many to write down actually. Take a look at my fundamentals video. The beginning showcases this one effect mode and what you can do with it.

This video also shows you how the mapping works, if you are new to my FX Jogs mapping.

Please note: One major change has been made since I made this video. You do not have to press shift to change the modes. Now you only need to turn the gain knobs. Press shift to change the gain with the knobs.

Mode 2 - Transbeater

This is an attempt at a user's suggestion to make a rising like effect. It is a beatmasher with a transpose stretch. You can use this to heighten a transition. When you let go of the jog, the TTFX cuts in. Press the jog again to turn the TTFX off. You can also just press the jog to cut in TTFX without the riser.

Mode 3 - Delayorama

This is a simple T3 Delay, but play with it some, you can get some neat effects with it almost like beatmashing.

Mode 4 - The Belofo

Also a beatmasher with Lofi and LFO. Use this over some vocals to give them a different flair.

Mode 5 - Flangeritis

A simple grouping with Flangerflux, but also fun in vocal, instrumental parts of a song. Fun anywhere really. Turn the jog to the right slowly and towards where the reverb gets close to about 90%, let go of the jog. You can turn the jog back to the left to fade out the reverb too. Try it fast too. Wow! Probably too much. hehe...

Mode 6 - The Riffer

A mix of gator and beatmasher and with the right beat and rhythm, you can make your own riffs. Lots of fun!

Mode 7 - Reverbogator

A reverb with gator, this effect group only needs small movements of the jog to have lots of fun.

Mode 8 - Army of Me's (Priscilla's) Sweep Drama Effect

Just a great classic sweep. Also has incremental mode, where you don't have to hold the jog.

Mode 9 - LOFI Sweep

A bit like Pricilla's sweep, but then again different.

Mode 10 - Flanger Sweep

Running out of ideas, somehow I got stuck on sweeping effects. But I like this one too.

Mode 11 - Pulse Sweep

Ok, I know, I know. Too many sweeps.....

Mode 12 - Beat Slicer

Catch a beat and slice it in differently using the Wet/Dry. I added the W/D just recently and I need to have the W/Ds start at 0. Or do I? At any rate, the trick here is to blend in the sliced up 4 beats with the W/D. You use the jog to select the slice mode. Press shift to change the 3rd parameter of the slicer.

Mode 13 - LOFI Masher

Also an energy raising effect. Use with care.

Mode 14 - The ultimate effect grouping for jog FX - still not found.

That's it. Have fun and any constructive feedback is appreciated. Video is coming soon.

scamo

p.s. It just hit me, that I might have also two F1 default mappings in this. If there is, let me know. I'll update the file.

NOTE: When you change the effect mode, you must press the jog wheel once quickly, so the effects are primed and ready to go. After that, you can use the mode. The priming sort of also gives you a visual as to what mode (which effects) are selected.

NOTE 2: This mapping works with Traktor 2.5.0 and has only been tested by myself with this version. It may not work correctly with older versions of Traktor.

Also a small restriction is this mapping will go tits up, if you press the browse button for more than a second or two (for going into the copy mode). So just don't press the browse button for too long.
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Convert

Sweet! Hopefully I'll have a little time to try this out tonight, it looks interesting.

Tech Convert

Thanks for posting so soon, I am impatienly waiting to get off from work and try out tonight!

Thanks SCAMO!

Awesome! Testing very soon...

I really hope you all won't be disappointed. Using the effect modes "effectively" is easy for some effect modes, but hard for others and overall it takes practice. Also my selection of effects fits more to my type of music and taste. It may not fit to yours. Please keep that in mind.

scamo

Just fired it up, and quickly ran through your presets. Seriously, I really enjoy it already. Already got some good inspiration after a quick pass through. Going to have some fun now! Oh, and I love the change you made by making the gain knobs turn the effect by default (no shift this time). Great workflow improvement. Thanks for your hard work.

Are there two F1 default mappings in it for you? (do you have any F1s?)

Scott

Tech Convert

quick update, i've been playing for about 2 hours now and no problems. love it, plus i'm super excited that shift+gain for fx select is gone!!

i did notice that when switching fx modes i have to give the jog wheel a quick "pre-press" or the fx won't launch.

fyi, the default f1 mappings are included. i just deleted them, no biggie.

next, i have to run my mf3d along side your mapping and see how things work out.

thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. I'll get the TSI updated today.

And yes, you have to "prime" the effect modes. I forgot to mention that above. No way to get around this, as it is an issue with Tracktor's effect switching. But, with my MPB and a fairly fast latency, I can still press the jog quickly to prime the effect mode and not interrupt the music any. It also sort of gives you a visual feedback as to what mode is selected, once you do the priming. Just be careful in mode 2 with "priming" more than once. It will launch the TTFX.

scamo

Having a great time with the mapping. I was still using your old one, so this is a nice upgrade all around. Are the effects a bit "wetter" by default in this mapping compared to the old one? For example, preset one (Beatmasher) has a much more pronounced effect when I first push the jogwheel in then it does with your version 5 .tsi (for me). It's more dramatic and destructive (not necessarily a bad thing) then the version I was using. Is the discrepancy just on MY setup, or is there really a different in the presets?

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast