MyUsername 's happy place.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MyUsername 's happy place.

To celebrate my 500th post on the forum that is nothing less than my newest addiction, I present to you ladies and gentlemen of DJTT, my setup !

June 2011:

My passion for music became so overwhelming that I needed an outlet for it and a way to share that passion with as much people of possible. My quest to become a skillful selecta began.

I had a DJ friend with a midi controller that had gone CDJ. I got it for €15, in perfect working order.

It was Hercules mp3 e2. I have no pictures of it.

It had no internal soundcard and I had no external one. I gave it back after a week and a half because DJing without cueing is just hit or miss. But I had fun already getting familiar with the controls, basics,...
    (I even got my €15 back)

July 2011:

Another friend that knew a guy hooked me up with my first proper controller.
    The hercules RMX. I loved it to bits and still do. I was planning on DJing with a friend at the time and we split the price. I payed €35. Sadly my friend wasn't as motivated as me and backed out after a few weeks.
    I was getting more ambitious every day, that's why built this bitchin' desk.

I had a ton of fun back then, I sucked real hard but I think I enjoyed it more back then, when you want to be good and raise the bar every time you get more serious.

October 2011:

I had the basics down. And was planning on getting out there and playing some entry level gigs. But after a while the RMX felt like a limiting factor because I was already addicted to having a lot of cuepoints etc.
    Briefly I thought about getting CDJs, but the guy at the store pushed me towards the digital route. Later that day I searched for the S4 on youtube and found a video of Ean Golden rocking out. I was sold. And found DJTT some time later. So yea snapped a deal on the S4, got a free flightcase and free cables.

O HAI THERE!

Also seen here are the V-Moda crossfade LP's in gunmetal black. They were my first and only headphones btw because my DJ friend said to go all out on headphones as they are essential.

December 2011:

The my setup thread, back in the day when it was one huge thread, made me curious about vinyl because so many of you guys were rocking time code.
    Take a guess, I knew a guy that was sitting on some turntables that he needed to get rid of. His girlfriend intervened. I got them dirt cheap.
    They are JB systems T2 direct drive DJ turntables. If you're ever on the lookout for cheap, durable, quality turntables this isn't it. The torque was painstakingly low. But the feeling of playing actual records was orgasmic.

Aint this purrdy

New addition: IKEA all up in this bitch

Was feeling it was time for a bit more controllerism and also that I needed something to complement the S4's shortcomings. I remapped the RMX for full kill EQ, and effects as the S4's flightcase tends to get in the way.

April 2012:

Out with the old and in with the older. I got rid of the JB systems (made a nice profit btw extra €100 or so) and got me some Technics 1210 Mk.IIs
    Needless to say one of the best decisions of my entire life. They were a little beat up but that only adds to the caracter of the TTs.

I have reached the attachment limit now and I shall continue in the next post.
    Last edited by tekki; 02-03-2013 at 04:00 PM.

MOAR technics pics:

Dusty, but still sexy as fuck.

Got some Butterrugs to make it slide like buttah.

I got the Technics first before I even got rid of the JB systems, so for a couple of days it was a bit cramped.

I sometimes really can't get over the fact how beautiful they are :')

Doesn't this make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside ?

May 2012:

Hey there little buddy !

The Korg Zero 4 makes his dramatic entry.

Scratch certified mixer. A little flimsy with the buttons but I love it, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Well maybe a DB4 but I need to rob a bank to fund that so I'm good for now.

Lookin' guud

And the award for most colourfull mixer goes to...

Reflection of Vincent and Jules, they always got my back.

July 2012:

Mooched an old monitor of a family member, makes production a bit more fun.
    Last edited by tekki; 02-03-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Waaaaaay overdue for an update:

November 2012:

New monitors.

Also built something to elevate my mixer.

December 2012:

Maschine Mk. II + Free Massive + Free Akai LPK 25
    (don't mind that goat on my screen, it's a dubstepforum thing)

January 2013:

Shure M44-7s + Technics headshells

Also full maintenance, cleaning and a few repairs for my 1210s.
    Last edited by MyUsername; 02-03-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Ewaaaa !

Today was a good day

* CDJ-800 Mk 1 for €100
    * Discogs vinyl including Skreamizm Vol. 1 and some other skreamixes among other things
    Last edited by MyUsername; 07-16-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Space reserved for future updates.

Also questions are more than welcome.
    Last edited by MyUsername; 02-03-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Sick setup, and beautiful tech 1210's!

It's cool because I also started with an RMX and a macbook pro, and looking back it seems so tiny! Then moved to the S4 and debating between techs or a production setup. Leaning towards techs tho. They're timeless, and so sexy
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    Sick setup, and beautiful tech 1210's!

It's cool because I also started with an RMX and a macbook pro, and looking back it seems so tiny!
    Thanks, and I know right ! It seems decent when it's all you know but after an upgrade there 's no going back. It's like seeing your first CDJ-2000 in real life, that's a huge beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    Then moved to the S4 and debating between techs or a production setup. Leaning towards techs tho. They're timeless, and so sexy
    Yeah, I'd definitely look for some technics, be patient and wait for the perfect deal. You won't regret it and they 'll keep their value.

And a production setup is just a DAW. That's all you need. Maybe a VST or sample pack here and there and when you got the hang of it and 're going to put your first work on soundcloud you need monitors. But that's it really.

Maybe if you don't get midi production controllers you might be able to get turntables and a production setup.

Hi can you please tell me how u build that table!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

2 large pieces of weed about 90cm wide at least (you 'll want space so go wide, maybe even 100cm or more) and for length I 'd look at the place where you 're gonna put the table.

My local DIY shop a saw mill and they cut it for me.

The 2 pieces are just put together in a L shape. They are connected with a steel plate on the underside with holes for screws.

The legs are from IKEA and are adjustible in height. You'll want it to quite a bit higher than a regular table for your back.

It hangs to the wall with L shaped brackets, maybe from IKEA I don't remember. So with the bracket put some screws in the wall, some screws in the wood, repeat and that's about it really.

I'm quite tired now, I have no idea if that was clear or not. I'll look at it again in the morning.

Looking good. I do like the look of those korgs.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast