After owning a set of American Audio HTD4.5 (aka SuperOEM) for 5 years, I got bored with them and managed to sell them for 375 euro (I payed 350 5 years ago and kept the banana carts).
Then I wanted to refurb a set of technics. I have already have 1 mint SL1200 (1979) & 1 mint (in the box) 1210 (2008). I want to keep these mint & stock....
I went looking and managed to grab a set of technics for 250 euro
No dustcover and paintwork was scratched, platter faded, needle lamp burned.... the usual dj set
After small inspection...all seemed to work well, so I bought them.
Checking them again at home....technical & inside was perfect, no missing parts, no damage... SCORE !
I disassembled both units and made a shopping list:
- 2 tone arms silver (the originals are ok, but these players have to be perfect)
- 2 dust filters fader
- 1 metal ball for on/off
- 2 pitch ornaments black
- 2 missing screws
Only 110 euro for the whole list
After receiving the package, I had a fun weekend
- cleaning/removing dust on parts & PCB's
- polish platters & spindles
- disassembly faders, cleaning, removing center click, lubing & assembly + disable pitch lock & stock calibration
- removing auto start wires
- changing needle lamp & stock leds (strobe, picth & 33/45) for white leds... (SMD's for the 33/45 leds @ 450 mcd)
- changing 2 tone arms + upgrade stock wires with cardas
- internal grounding mod
- changing stock RCA with short female plugs
- refurb one set of feet (remove awfull DIY repair glue, prep rubber & apply new glue)
The decks went to a professional sprayer for blasting, primer, sanding, 4 coats 2K (grey-black) & varnish (satin).
Still waiting on the delivery of the white pitch leds (2x5mm white ones with low mcd are very hard to find), but besides that everything is done...
250 euro (purchase set SL's)
110 euro (technics parts)
150 euro (paint job)
20 euro (leds, ....)
Total: 530 euro