MF Twister Question: 4 Banks = 4 Mappings?

Default MF Twister Question: 4 Banks = 4 Mappings?

Hiya,

Just signed up to ask about the Twister, before I snag one from the store

I'm seeing all these great mappings, like the Instant Gratification and Drum Sequencer Maps for traktor

I juts wanted to clarify my understanding

the Twister has 4 virtual banks of 16 knobs/buttons

can each of these banks be saved to a different mapping. like 4 different presets I can switch between

I'd ideally have

2 Mappings/banks for traktor live use
    1. Instant Grat
    2. Drum Sequencer

And 2 mappings for general DAW control
    3. Various CC's
    4. Push BUttons as Midi Notes

Is it easy to save each configuration to the twister, and switch on the fly? It sounds like that's the case, I just wanted to be sure =)

Thanks for any clarification. Also would love to know how you're using your twister, if you'll share your tricks of the trade

Sam

unfortunately not. the firmware must be changed in the midi fighter utility to switch from drum sequencer and instant grat. how ever with the sequencer firmware, you also have 4 pages of mappable knobs and buttons. I dont think this is true with the instant grat mapping

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    unfortunately not. the firmware must be changed in the midi fighter utility to switch from drum sequencer and instant grat. how ever with the sequencer firmware, you also have 4 pages of mappable knobs and buttons. I dont think this is true with the instant grat mapping
    Ahhh ok

thanks for the heads up.

Sounds like there is more than enough functionality in 1 mapping to keep me busy anyway.
    Is swapping mappings in the Midi Fighter a breeze?

Sam

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

unfortunately not. the firmware must be changed in the midi fighter utility to switch from drum sequencer and instant grat.
    That's not right at all, you can have those 2 maps running alongside with no issues at all. You basically have the sequencer living in it's own special bank hard coded in the firmware accessible by holding down the two middle side buttons. You also have the regular 4 MIDI banks that you can use, depending on the mappings you use and you might be able to use more than one in the regular MIDI layers but it comes down to how they are mapped.

Most mappings use bank 1 as a default so you'll need to edit them so you can use the other banks. If I recall right you just need to edit the side button actions via the MF Utility once the TWGrat settings are loaded and make them switch banks, allowing you to use 2-4 with your DAW.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    That's not right at all, you can have those 2 maps running alongside with no issues at all. You basically have the sequencer living in it's own special bank hard coded in the firmware accessible by holding down the two middle side buttons. You also have the regular 4 MIDI banks that you can use, depending on the mappings you use and you might be able to use more than one in the regular MIDI layers but it comes down to how they are mapped.

Most mappings use bank 1 as a default so you'll need to edit them so you can use the other banks. If I recall right you just need to edit the side button actions via the MF Utility once the TWGrat settings are loaded and make them switch banks, allowing you to use 2-4 with your DAW.
    Video please

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Padi is right. You can consider Sequencer as your 5th Midifighter Virtual bank. So you basically can set all four midi banks on your side buttons (via MF Utility) and still be able to switch toggle between 4 banks and Sequencer by pressing two center side buttons simultaneously.

Okay so im still not conviced that the twisted grat can be used at the same time as the sequencer. in this video, he hits the side buttons to assign decks https://youtu.be/m0_Ku9PChlw?t=1m20s

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Okay so im still not conviced that the twisted grat can be used at the same time as the sequencer. in this video, he hits the side buttons to assign decks https://youtu.be/m0_Ku9PChlw?t=1m20s
    Any side button can be used to select deck in TW Grat mapping like you can see in demo video you linked, that's correct. But like I said in my previous reply you want to hit both center side buttons at a same time and only then the midifighter will switch from 4-banks in to the sequencer bank.