Do you find yourself pressing Sync!!?

Default Do you find yourself pressing Sync!!?

I come from vinyl background and good old fashioned mixing but since i got my s4 which i love i found i seem to hit sync for doing mixes.

Ok a sets 1 hour say and syncing means i have more time to play with effects etc and what not, thing is im not really using the setpoints yet just using it to auto beatmatch then i drop it when i how etc.

I know its the future but i feel a bit cheap but then again at same time i know i can beat match if given deck :S its like eating the last of someone else's cookie!

Anyone else have this feeling :s I have TSP2 and the decks but having problems setting up the timecode i think i got a dodgy cable as one side hums like a biatch!

Probs shud get that set up proper and then not use sync and then get best of digital tunes mixes the old school way.

PS. Sorry for rant
    -= DejaVoo =-

Numark TTX USB x2 / Numark m3 / Traktor S4 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Macbook

It's ok to use sync. We won't tell anyone.

i used sync always but i never trust it.. i dj for 5 years and last 3 years in clubs and events.. i never trust the sync i always analyze it and watch everything and always check and beatgrid my music.. i never had the opportunity to learn beatmaching on real tt or cdj. but i have my s4 now and will learn it sure..

i think sync is only 20%of the job when your DJing.. you have a lot of other stuff to do before and during the set to keep it good.. but if you now how to beatmach i would use it sometimes and sometimes sync.. like richie hawtin said i have different ways of doing stuff, when people looking i am always doing something new and different and not look always the same..

Here's how I feel....

Even if sync were not there, the software that is readily available now shows both bpm and drift.

What I am trying to get at is, while pressing sync only takes a fraction of a second, moving the pitch fader to match the other track's tempo, pressing play, and nudging the platter until your drift bar is centered, doesn't take much longer...

So those who bash on sync but still use Traktor, Serato ect., are in my eyes, doing the exact same thing. Unless you get rid of the BPM indicator as well as drift bar, which I have NEVER seen when going out to clubs, your beatmatching skills leave much to be desired.

I don't care either way if you sync or not. I've done it, and most probably do even when they say they don't...hell, this is the internet. Running short on time, sync. Have some time do spare. Get that damn headphone on your head and beatmatch. You'd be suprised at how many club goers actually know the mechanics behind it, while the counter argument is...if the music is good, who cares.

So this poses a question. When using Traktor, how is one supposed to "beatmatch" when all those guides are layed down before us?

Sorry, no sleep, bored and glad the work week is over.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Just got timecode set up although not perfect i dont think lol more tinkering another day, anyways just mixed like 4 tracks or so and yea it still takes still but even if i know its prefectly beat matched as i can hear, coming from vinyl etc can mix without software the software still says the bpms etc are diff yet they are in time :/ whats that all about, :S

At the end of the day.... if only i had a vinyl press and unlimited unpress records all this technology ay... that probs make no sense, time for bed i think brain fryed :s
    -= DejaVoo =-

Numark TTX USB x2 / Numark m3 / Traktor S4 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Macbook

I replaced my SYNC buttons with upgraded SWANK buttons. Now when I press them they auto-beat match my tunes while donning me in a sweet outfit and 43 yards of bling.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    I replaced my SYNC buttons with upgraded SWANK buttons. Now when I press them they auto-beat match my tunes while donning me in a sweet outfit and 43 yards of bling.
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    there's a beta on SWANK - you get Guetta stubble and a bad hairstyle
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    there's a beta on SWANK - you get Guetta stubble and a bad hairstyle
    Ahahaha

I try to do it by ear when I have the time just to keep my skills in check (don't wanna get lazy), but if I want to mix something in quick I'll use it. I don't feel bad about it.