Budget IEM recommendations?

Default Budget IEM recommendations?

I have a gig coming up in two weeks, and I thought I might give in-ear monitors a try but I am not ready to splash out on an expensive pair because I don't know if they will suit me. Having something plugged in my ear canal makes me feel uncomfortable especially during the hot seasons, so I want to start with a budget option and then move up to something more macho if I am satisfied with the results.

Can you guys recommend anything under 50 USD? I am looking for good isolation, and as good as possible sound quality. Thanks guys
    Last edited by Scoox; 03-22-2015 at 01:30 AM.

Tech Guru

Sony XBA-1IP. These are about $60 on Amazon. This is a single driver in ear headphone that is reasonable for sound quality and isolation.

The Sony XBA-H1 (and H2 and H3) series are the "Pro" versions and offer quite a noticeable leap in overall sound quality. The fit and feel and isolation is similar to the XBA-1IP version.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

If there's any way you can squeeze out another $50, I'd say go for the Shure SE215 ($99). Amazing.

I can confirm, have the Shure SE215's and besides a very true sound they also fit very good meaning they wont fall out of your ears if you accidentally pul on the cable.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I have some ttpod tm-1i believe they are good for a nice clean flat response but be careful they. Can get really loud real quick

Guess should add they are $39 or $69 I picked them up on sale for like $22

My biggest recommendation? Posting in the proper forum.... Hardware questions -> Hardware forum!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    My biggest recommendation? Posting in the proper forum.... Hardware questions -> Hardware forum!
    Damn... When do we start deleting this threads already? ...

BTW, congrats on your 11K comment bro' big up