Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

The manual is out of date and isn't valid for this version. Sorry. If you read it, then only for entertainment purposes.

Just turn the gain knob (without pressing shift) for each deck to move the effect units to that deck. This system is designed to sort of get around NI's bugs with the Jog mode and not being able to use that mode on decks C and D. All you can do with the jogs is scratch with decks C and D. NI also knows this and I hope they fix it (along with a couple other bugs I've pointed out to them).

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Thanks for your quick reply.
    but I can not use the effect on deck A because if I twist gain he goes on to deck C active.
    So every time I want a different effect he goes active in deck c.

Is it not possible to use only gain C for changing the effects.
    Than the gain A to use for changing deck A & C to make it active?
    I'm new and would certainly not comment, just an idea.
    Mad
    ps: Do we need to wait for a golden untill they fix some bugs?
    Is there a full stable version from you for traktor pro 2.5?

Controlling the modes should be very simple. For instance, if you need the effect units on deck A, you turn the gain knob for deck A and also select the effect modes with the deck A gain knob. If you need the effect units on deck C, you turn the gain knob for deck C and you also select the effect modes with the deck C gain knob. The same goes for decks B and D.

scamo

Omg, idd, I see it now.
    But if I go from:
    Deck A to Deck C when I'm in deck A second effect mode, I return to deck A and I'm in another effect mode in deck A, so it does not stay in the same mode. not that it is a problem, but am I right?, thx Mad

ps: I don't know how to use the second effect, can you give more info how to use it ore a demo plz
    Last edited by Madsoldier; 09-23-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    The manual is out of date and isn't valid for this version. Sorry. If you read it, then only for entertainment purposes.

Just turn the gain knob (without pressing shift) for each deck to move the effect units to that deck. This system is designed to sort of get around NI's bugs with the Jog mode and not being able to use that mode on decks C and D. All you can do with the jogs is scratch with decks C and D. NI also knows this and I hope they fix it (along with a couple other bugs I've pointed out to them).

scamo
    Your video is also out of date, looks like you shifted the modifiers around for this version (modifers 2 and 3 are used for Decks A/C).

So let me update everyone. An easy way to figure out what's what is to organize your mappings by comments and look for the deck modes and use this to figure out the modifiers.

2nd, Scamo I know what the final mapping has to be. #14 should be key change, I'm rapidly coming to see that it's essential to have the ability to shift the key of a song. If you're going from a lower to higher song, starting a loop and building the key up to the drop is... well it's pretty god damn amazing sounding to say the least.

Thanks for that dave...but......

Oooohhh..... I am not going to do anything more with my mapping, until I get 2.6 in my hands!!!!

scamo

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Thanks for that dave...but......

Oooohhh..... I am not going to do anything more with my mapping, until I get 2.6 in my hands!!!!

scamo
    Same here mate. I was about to release beta version of my custom mapping but Ean's Z2 video blow me away.

Hehehe...looks familiar somehow....NI even gave the FX macros cute names. Wonder where they got that idea from.

Edit: Oh, and I bet the new macros will be controllable over the FX Jogs mode for the S4/ S2. If NI doesn't do it, then they'd totally disappoint me.

scamo

Thanks for the info. Where did you find this? By the way, I'm just starting to really get into some of your new effects that I initially didn't think fit my style (some of them I immediately loved!). It's taken some practice to figure our where to use all of them, but it's been worth the effort. They really are great. Thanks again, Scamo. Looking forward to someday seeing what you can do with the macros!

Theoretically, if the macros do work over the FX Jogs mode, then there is no longer any need for my mapping. And if NI is really good, they'll have some much simpler interface to manage custom FX macros, so users can create their own (and export them and share them). If that all happens, then my FX Jogs mapping will be history and I won't be sad one bit, because I know for a fact my mapping was introduced to the NI devs and I was told they were impressed with it. Whether or not my mapping actually sparked the FX macro idea, I don't know and it really doesn't matter. Main thing is for us all, we get even better fun and much more room for creativity out of Traktor!

scamo

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast