Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Apparently when you set up a command mapping, there is just a box you check to override the default. I saw a screenshot and it looked pretty simple, but I haven't tried myself. They added a tutorial somewhere in the knowledge base at the NI forum, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

EDIT: Here it is:

http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...factory+map%29
    Last edited by jdownesbaird; 10-25-2012 at 11:45 PM.

I wonder if the override is available in a secondary mapping and would affect the associated default mapping. Or would I have to actually add the commands to the default mapping for the override to work? The way it looks, it would be the latter and would mean back to the drawing board for my mapping. Whatever the situation is, I hope I can override the browse button, so that the copy mode doesn't screw up my mapping like it does.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Ok, I haven't been on my S4 since the initial 30 minutes the day before yesterday, but I've been reading a lot and I've decided I am going to see if I can integrate the following new functions into my mapping.

• 11 new "MacroFX" single-knob combination effects (obviously need to add these.)
      -thinking about adding these to the second layer of possible effects modes (i.e. shift + jog press = second layer) and only one per mode.
    • "Flux Mode" retains song position during HotCues, Beatjumps, Loops etc.
      -not sure what button or group of buttons (i.e. shift + some button) to use here. Any ideas?
    • Post-Fader mode for FX Units
      -I'd love to be able to toggle this somehow, but I am not even sure it is controllable with a mapping. Need to check. But if it is, where to put it? Or is it already controllable. Need to check
    • New gain system with independent Channel Gain knobs and Auto-Gain knobs
      -not sure what an autogain knob is supposed to be, but since my mapping overrides the gain knobs, I will definitely see if I can do this with the override function and still integrate this new function too.
    • New "Z ISO" EQ and "Z" filter models as featured on Z2 mixer
      -I doub't it is possible, but wouldn't it be cool, if you could switch the type of EQ on the fly without entering the Preferences window?
    • New "QuickSnap" behavior for the EQ and Filter controls
      -thinking on how to actually make an effect mode with this. Could be interesting?

What do you think?

scamo

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Post fader effect mode can be activated via mapping. You will find "Routing Selector" command in FX unit tab, just set it to direct and as value choose post fader.

You could implement some of this guys simple mapping into yours, Scamo. Gives the S4 the ability to turn on/off flux mode (and other things) using buttons your mapping doesn't really use.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=60429

Scamo can map circles around me lol. My little mapping mentioned above just changes the stock S4 mapping to add functions I wanted with as little change to the stock mapping as possible. Mr Scamo's mappings are a whole different ball game. I tend to leave my S4 alone for the most part, and map the fun Fx stuff on a Oxygen 49.

Love your mappings Scamo! Always some great ideas in them and implemented nicely too.
    New gain system with independent Channel Gain knobs and Auto-Gain knobs
    -not sure what an autogain knob is supposed to be, but since my mapping overrides the gain knobs, I will definitely see if I can do this with the override function and still integrate this new function too.
    The Auto Gain function is an addition to the auto gain that already existed that makes it easier to change the actual auto gain setting.

Traktor with auto gain on will set the gain to try and make all tracks have the same volume. Sometimes Traktor gets it wrong, and to change the auto gain value (so the next time the track would load with the correct auto gain setting) you would have to right click the track chose edit then change the value and click ok. With the new Auto Gain knobs you just turn them to change the auto gain setting for the track, and next time you load the track it will have the new auto gain setting.

In 2.6 the Gain will stay at zero when you load a track, but the boost or reduction in volume from auto gain setting does happen in a "pre-gain" stage. The idea behind this is obvious, but I'll say it any way. If all your tracks have a gain/volume level that is the same, they should all load with the gain knob at the same position, zero.

So the function is more for track preparation (like setting hot cues/loops). I can see using it on the fly to make adjustments when Traktor gets the setting wrong on a track that didn't get prepped before the gig, and to make adjustments to tracks that were prepped, but need some tweaking.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 10-28-2012 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks for that. Hehehe...VanGogo tried what I also thought about first. Adding flux mode to the cue buttons, but I then decided to go with the FX unit mode button. However, there is an issue with this too, as you only have two buttons and need 4 to change 4 decks. I've asked VanGogo how he did it, if at all.

scamo

I am not so with mapping, I can only wait till vers 6 is commin out. I also read alot and try things, but its not easy. I follow this thread and thanks to everyone.

Tech Student

i like the feel of some of these effects but for example is there a way of turning off the turntable fx on effect mode 2?? this is really good that someone is bothering to put in loads of effort for others!! thanks man will keep testing it more and let you have more feedback once im a little more used to this!

To turn off the TTFX you just have to delete those mapping commands for Mode 2. Go into the Controller Manager, open my mapping and sort the comments column. Then look for Mode 2 and try to find the commands applied to effect units 3 and 4 and simply delete the commands for those units.

scamo

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast